I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a Villain - Vol. 2 Ch. 12

Part of the reason why I picked this up is because of the chocolate milk princess if that's ganna change then I think I'll be dropping this.

Also. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

600 comments, place must be a warzone.

Hopefully, people realize that racial tensions in the western world are virtually nonexistent in the eastern world. The people calling this racist or whitewashed have absolutely no clue about what goes on outside of Europe and America. Kind of ironic, imo.

Dex-chan lover
Comment counts: 601 + 345. Ah, this must be the chapter talked about in the spoilers. I can imagine the comments already. Time to read the chapter, then the comments...

Dex-chan lover
@Risoma, that's just plain old ignorance, bud. While the racial tensions between the western world and East Asia are two different things, there is still a bit of racial tensions there.

There have been loads of accounts of Chinese and Japanese looking down on or not seeing Southeast Asians or other Asians as equals due to both race and class divide. Try being a Filipino or Thai in those countries, and you get my drift.

However, it's not to say that this manga was going for that on purpose here. Nevertheless, you have to understand that it shouldn't be blamed if others are disappointed by this turn. I know for a fact that as a tan Asian myself, even I couldn't help but feel a bit bummed that she lost that darker skin tone.

Dex-chan lover
Ok everybody that is about to say or have said: This is whitewashing!
While i understand where you Come from with that i still have to ask: did you read the manga or where you too blinded by rage that you didnt read the story or frogot the story?
Because the way i see this it seems like a story about guilt be association and not race.
Her blessing gave her the charectorristisk of the one protected by the Spirit king that almost destroyd the country and now that she has the light Spirit kings blessing everybody is trying to suck up to her Even her parents tryed to gaslight her into forgiving Them and she got really pissed, so now she feels a lot of anger from Them trying it and ran away, everything didnt magicly get better because she knows How shallow and fake All the People treating her better now is so again this is not about race if you ask me

Hate the fact that her skinned lightened 🙃 and LOOOOL to the aprents. Hate that they're gaslighting her and playing the victim UGH I would probably be a lesser person and annihilate them. OR MAYBE just leave them and love far away, she's a hero anyway and the kingdom would most likely care for her and give her a house and land!

This is a pretty bad look so far, happy at least that she isnt buying into everyones bullshit.
If it does end up going down a forgiveness route then this will be an easy drop.

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!1!!1!!1!1!1!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I wont step into the landmine that is this revelation but I will say this. I actually prefered her with darker skin. It feels weird to see her without it. THANK GOD. Im so glad she just up and denied them. Its insulting to even read it. Too Little Too Late could not more accurately convey what I though.

@Glomoro Yes indeedy.
Plot twist though:
I didn't actually drop this! I'm far more interested in seeing how the MC handles all the blatant two-faced people. Heh heh heeeh...

I'm so happy she didn't just start acting like her mother didn't shun her for the color of her skin FOR HER ENTIRE LIFE

Dex-chan lover
Claudia is 100% right to feel how she does towards her parents and the majority of the kingdom... and it is heartbreaking :(

Users who are viewing this thread