I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a Villain - Vol. 2 Ch. 12

Even though I know somebody's going to fry me for this I could have swore in the light novel that just her hair slightly changed and a little bit of her skin at least that's the description given in the light novel/web novel depending on how you read it.

Dex-chan lover
Blessings indeed lol

I get what the author was trying to go for with the blessings affecting appearances but you got to also consider how easily offended the weak minded are.

Personally like the darker skin better. Maybe change the hair instead?

Not just weak, but stupid as well and.. well I don't even wanna go all in but basically I'm tired of these people.

Whitewash this that bullcrap. Her skin tone was dark was due to dark blessing anyway. Since now the blessing comes from two sources, it's not even hard to accept it as blessing doesn't affect appearance since they negate each other thus only containing her true skin tone.

But hey this is a big win for me since I always prefer light skinned girls

looking at the profiles complaining about her turning white just makes me laugh. I hope you people realize that she was dark because of her blessing and not her race.

@tamerblur if it was not about her race its "black face", either way, check the next chapter the author changed her back to dark skin

Double-page supporter
man, I hate it when they whitewash characters /s
the author changes it back, btw

I want the light spirits dress like sooooo badly
Btw through this still has nothing to do with race I dont think it was ever a good idea to have one of the reasons she gets looked down upon be because she has a tan???
It kind of just brings up the question of does nobody in this universe tan like at all. Not even the farmers or the solders training outside.
Not to mention the heavy subject that is colorism something found within many cultures not just western ones.

So... why is almost everyone talking about her skin colour instead of the fact that she told her parents they treated her badly and their reaction was just assholish?

Fed-Kun's army
NOOOO-MY CHOCOLATE MILK BABY!! It's not an issue of racism, I swear, I just think Choco Claudia was cuter. Couldn't they have changed her hair or eyes to white instead?

Though I can guess why not, current Claudia looks more japanese-my suggestion would make you think she's a gyaru.

Good on the Author to not just wipe the pass clean slate...yet.

YOU DARE TO TAKE AWAY OUR CHOCOLATE MILK QUEEN OF DARKNESS!!😡🤬

@ktormoto I just don't think you understand the importance of the chocolate milk queen. She was like a beacon of chocolatey hope in this... this, regular milk world!

Damn i just knew that part about her skin color was the reason why there are so many comments, anyways the whitewashing was so unnecessary :/

Like i know throughout the story she's gotten progressively lighter but did the light king just change her skin color?

Ummmm yeaaaah that color change is not. Cool. I can understand how the interpretation is supposed to go but still saying now she has the so called blessing of grace and is miraculously whiter is much like a minstrel show from the early 1900s featuring black face. It carries the same insidious meaning whether the author meant it or not. So nope nope nope nope. Interesting story until chapter 12 or so but I’m personally noping out of reading.

@Mizgardenia i strongly doubt the auteur meant anything with it. the idea of making a darker skinned character whiter seems racist in the west but in Japan people don't even think about that stuff because a lot less black people live there so its not really a problem within Japanese society

Dex-chan lover
Im more bummed about it because choco girls are best girls and there arent enough of them in manga.
Then add them being tomboy for absolute perfection.
Generic blondes are worst girls.

Pls.. The parents is sooooo pathetic, n can tht light spirit just give her a blessing without changing his skin color, thanks.
Either way, im glad she can release everything she keep directly to their useless parents. I hope a little revenge instead lol

When everyones talking about how the author white washed. Im over here cussing her parents out for having the audacity to pull the victim card. Fuck off smh

After seeing her with the darker skin, seeing her with white skin makes me feel like she’s not the same character.

Users who are viewing this thread