I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a Villain - Vol. 2 Ch. 12

WTF. I thought when the light spirt reached out she might get a white streak in her hair like Rouge from X-Men. But what is this shit?? I get that pale skin + black hair is considered beautiful in Japan, but there's been a movement trying to embrace their natural skin differences there so I thought the author would be a bit less tone deaf.

I applaud her rejection of her mother though. I hope that while MC will get to the point of being able to let go of her anger for her own health, that she won't forgive her mother. You can let go of your anger and still want nothing to do with a person.

They wut now- I’m- bruh- ik she was never supposed to look that tan or whatever but thats legit like whitewashing for the sake of goodness knows what?!!?!? She was so pretty and unique before and now boom! They suddenly take it away??? Scuse me???

Group Leader
@catbot158 Check my other post with the skin color example. That's around her original color, but now she's been fixed and is back to good old natural Japanese skin tones (Nihon Ichiban!). /sarcasm

Now that she's no longer brown, ppl will finally treat her like a human. Some dudes really trying to defend this

Yeahhhhh, dropped. Nice way to turn a unique character and throw it down the drain for a run of the mill whitewashed one. This shit makes me so mad.

Dex-chan lover
@Warilized

What if I just liked the choco look better? Now she looks generic as fuck and no amount of justification can change that.

Dex-chan lover
I don't get it.. is it really has to do with japanese people or just the manga?
I mean, dark skin, dark hair in in this manga means that the person has dark spirit king's protection. The stigma is that dark = evil, so, they hate Claudia.
White spirit king gave her protection and make her white. Although I like the way Claudia was, maybe, it just to show everyone (in the story) that now Claudia is not only protected by dark spirit, but also white spirit, which i think this was done for the purpose so that everyone (again, in the story) can see.. you know, like, seeing is believing.. but that's Just my assumption...

Bruh where is everyone coming from calling her black she seems like more of an anime tan tbh.

Dex-chan lover
nnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

1* fuck this garbage

AND SHE LOOKS SO BAD TOO
LOOK AT PAGE 22 SHE LOOKS SO CREEPY MAN

Bros, it's just skin, nothing to be so worked up about. And she may look weird now, since we've been seeing her with dark skin and hair, but you'll get used to it. She wasn't supposed to have dark skin in the first place anyway, if not for the dark king's blessing so...

-.- I hope this is temporary. Not a fan of gods racelifting people. Her being dark was also somewhat unique among manga. Annoying.

Also, if her character development ends up in normal villainess territory, I'm out. That is a super lame and baseless type of twist, and would completely contradict her good nature and best efforts up to this point in the story.

If this someday get anmated I hope that they change the tan/dark skin or how whatever the people would called to horns or something like that, because it not a lot how people would be pissed.

Users who are viewing this thread