I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a Villain - Vol. 2 Ch. 12

Holyyyy, the comment section is a battlefield.

Y’all gotta chill, it’s just a story and it’s from another culture, in which these problems are not as prevalent in the western world.

I need to drop this!
Morally speaking, this is just so wrong!

Don't try to change my mind!
Racism is bad, and therefore manga that has racism in it is bad!
Only racists defend this blatant whitewashing!
People need to wake up and remember that any direct allegory to racism is too on-the-nose and without tact!
People need to understand that if I don't like this for any reason, no one else can for other reasons!
In all my years of reading fiction with gratuitous violence, rape, slavery, incest, and other bad writing devices authors should never use under any circumstance, this is the absolute worst!
No one can change how I feel because anything this unpleasant can't be good at all!
Guys, I just have to let you all know that I'm dropping this.

There can be no other interpretation!
How can you possibly say that I'm wrong?
I'm dropping this, and you can't stop me!
Signed, ImDroppingThis

IDIOTS IDIOTS IDIOTS Calling this manga racist, IT ISN'T ABOUT RACISM, IT WAS NEVER ABOUT HER SKIN TONE, it was about the FUCKING BLESSINGS!

Fed-Kun's army
NOOOOO FUCKING RUINED THE CUTIE TURNED INTO NORMAL GIRL.

Btw imagine there is someone that is making statement on comment that they are dropping this and review bombing it.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I'm glad she's still mad at her parents thank goodness
also,
THIS IS LIKE THAT ONE MANHWA WITH LADY AND THE BEAST.
in the opening, the ancestors were originally black/oppressed and then they're skin color faded or something and it was never brought up again like bruh

I can't put my words on it but the color switch got me feeling uncomfortable like what are the writers tryna say :(
(her skin is basically tan imo but by strict Asian beauty standards ig not. this is besides the point anyway)

It's just, why did they have to change her features and not the opinion of those around her. I don't mean her close friends (because they don't care as they should), but at least society's view of dark magic and keep her the way she is.
Maybe instead give her white hair if they had to change something since that would be pretty bad*ss, or just don't involve color in the first place if the writers don't know how to go about it.

Especially since if a dark-toned child reads this and correlates to themselves that it's a positive thing is to have lighter skin (since as a result of gaining the light spirit king's blessing, her skin got lighter which would "solve" some problems smh)

I wrote a lot and it seems like I'm ranting but all in all it's not that deep & I'm not dropping lmao.

Don't think her color was ever mentioned to be dark toned because of her race but because she was cursed. People sure love to be mad about everything. Go fight at walmart if you want to breach.

EDIT: Asked my brothers fiancee and she laughed about this. Y'all crazy.

Hahahaha would be nice.. if Claudia ends up not forgiving her family.. in the first place.. if she truly became evil, i bet it's her family who would have been the first bunch of people to die in her hands... before the whole kingdom.. her skin's fair now, so she doesn't look scary anymore??? i can't believe her parents.. i would be very disappointed if she ever give them a chance.. tsk tsk... haaaa this is why i cant be the protagonist of my own story... i can't be and i am not forgiving....

Dex-chan lover
@ImDroppingThis Did you make an account with that name just for opportunities like this? What can I say, you saw the opportunity and you took it.

@CD98 Technically, her skin was only darker at all because of magic to begin with as well so, I'm sure if I go back through the older comment sections people were comparing it to black face and shit then. It's been a while so I did forget about it, but coming into this one it's like "Wait a minute, wasn't the opposite thing the problem last time?"

Dex-chan lover
Also why the fuck are people talking about racism in this thread.

Seriously.

Use your brains. This ain't earth. The culture difference is like day and night. Don't bring your SJW tendencies here.

Let's just enjoy the manga.

Dex-chan lover
I must admit I prefer her dark skin look. But I ain't buying any whitewashing bullshite people may be spouting.

She had darker skin, she didn't literally have different nationality from her own parents.

Either way, I am happy the nutcase is out of the picture. Now let's hope she will have an enjoyable life... preferably without her parents ruining it even more.

whoa! we need to call the fire extinguishers to put out the fire in this comment section

Users who are viewing this thread