I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a Villain - Vol. 2 Ch. 12

I feel that maybe they could’ve gave her some bright blue eyes or something like that, since people are way too sensitive about skin color.

first off. The skin color should've been the same, it felt like a bit of racism idk LKDKJKDDNK (even if the people in the novel don't care about her skin, THIS CAN ACT AS A SYMBOLISM FOR THE READERS and could've held a better and deeper moral for the story, I'm just lowkey -so not lowkey- disappointed) ಥ_ಥ, maybe like white highlights in the end of her hair changed or silver eyes WHY SKIN HUHUHU. Next 'm just glad she didn't forgive her parents, NO MATTER HOW MANY BUCKETS OF TEARS YOUS SPILL hoes will be hoes, what they did was wrong and basically inhumane.

While i do like her better with dark skin, i belive that there was a reason behind the change.

If she didnt change and people started treating her better it would have felt like she earned it.

By linking it with the skin change it makes the people that changed their tune feel fake, and she knows that and suffers from it.

So the point isnt "go white and everyone loves you", the point is "people are stupid, shallow and unredeemable".

So its just to make her feel worse....WHAT THE HELL CHIEF!!!!! WHY!?!?!?

TLDR: the change is to create drama, conflict and make the protagonist suffer more...(because why not 😥)

@Zeroq3 she was only dark skined becasue of the power of darkness her real skin tone is white egg real the WHOLE Manga Again and look at the lore I wish it was explained better but because she was blessed by the light spirt king some of the effects of the dark blessing were negeted.

@silvermallow
Its quite the opposite actually.
The manga depicts skin color to be nothing but a matter of circumstance, neither good nor bad. Regardless of blessing they are still a person.
In fact, the manga depicts prejudice based on the blessings (aka racism) to be really fucking dumb.

BULLSHIT IF THATS NOT SOME ROUNDABOUT WAY OF TRUELY DISPLAYING JAPAN'S RELATIONSHIP WITH COLORISM I DONT KNOW WHAT IS

At first a i was really annoyed about the color change and was about to stop reading, but seeing the ending of the chapter I feel like it might be more of racial-awareness thing than a racist thing.

Showing the people’s change in attitude towards her just for having white skin now and how disgusting that is. They connect it to the blessings but that’s what is actually happening.

However, the way she makes it clear that uts not okay and that it doesnt change anything makes it very powerful. Their years of racism towards her hurt her, and they should realise that. So i hope we get our original mc back (cuz honestly she was way prettier before) and let the others learn of their prejudiced behavior towzrds her. Especially her bitch ass mom

Honestly, I feel like something like this would work better in a novel setting. Like we can hear her internalize her pain and confusion about how differently she's treated based on how she looks.

But to actually see it is a different. I think the author compromised and kept her black hair, but changing her skin tone to a lighter color and suddenly have people like her now, and to see it visually just feels really irksome. It hurts to watch, because it feels almost like whitewashing. The fact there's a second publication shows that even Japanese fans felt there was something off with this.

to the readers... dont think too deeply about the change of skin, its just a trope no deeper meaning, chalk it up under unfortunate implications and that it wasnt the intent of the author.

now then, this is the kind of drama i like, she's obviously troubled that she got a blessing and can use white magic so everyone just looks like big hypocrites.

bring back the dark skin TT^TT She's more unique that way, should've just changed her eyes into blue. TT^TT though this manga is in grayscale, it can be done with one colored page is it not? TT^TT UGGGGHHH

Users who are viewing this thread