I'm not a villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a villain - Vol. 2 Ch. 13

Dex-chan lover
Please don't let this chapter be the calm before the storm

Dex-chan lover
I could see her becoming lighter skinned, but not the same tone as everyone else. That is what made me wtf that moment. I'm just wondering what is next

reu

Dex-chan lover
The return of blackface villainess
thought that this was dropped for good

@sambucety

Specifically the source material has her become pale as a way to indicate that she is now stunningly beautiful, compared to specifically, in the source material, having ugly dark skin that was ugly due to being dark. That's why people disliked it and it was changed. Considering how quickly the change was made in the comics, they were probably well aware of how offensive it was and were anticipating potentially having to change it. It really doesn't change much about the plot because the point of the skin tone change was to show how superficial everyone was, which was just as much a matter of the light spirit's blessing as it was "making her beautiful" specifically by giving her pale skin.

Group Leader
@sambucety Simple—because the way it was originally written, it made it seem like people only started liking her once she had paler skin (even the prince didn’t declare his love until after), as if she wasn’t pretty before. It seemed incredibly racist, and just reading it made me uncomfortable (I am white btw). There is nothing wrong with white MCs, the only problem is the fact that the way this was written made it seem as though being white is intrinsically better than being a POC, which is bigoted to the extreme. The only thing I can think of about being white that is in any way better than being a POC is not being a target of racism (a benefit that doesn’t really help those of us who are part of other discriminated against minorities, such as religious or LGBTQ+).

So how exactly is this prince supposed to be protecting Claudia, or be an improvement over a literal invisible overpowered spirit that can be present and guarding 24/7? Wasn't Gerald supposed to be very protective of his charge? Now suddenly he's fine leaving it in hands of some brat who may or may not be present when danger occurs.

"Avoiding rumors regarding Claudia" seems quite a nonsensical explanation considering those rumors have existed for a very long time and use of strength against gropey offenders would definitely be fine.

@Barajou @Paradoxicull well...I don't know I'm from the south of Latin America and I don't think that being "white" will save you from being discriminated against, almost everything that comes here from the US tells us that being white is bad xD
In my opinion I don't like how the sjw are invading more and more oriental artists with the crap of intersectional genres, they are simply limiting and sensing them.
Regarding the whole skin of our protagonist, the truth is I like it more in the dark skin version but I don't like how they only take their attention to skin color maybe I would have to live in the US to find out more about what happens there xD
PD: apologies for my broken english

Think I might just drop it here.
I am quite satisfied with this story ending at ch13; anything else that can be added would just dilute it, imo!
It was great though! :)

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah honestly idk why they need to continue it, this seems like the perfect ending to a good story. I'll continue it for now but I doubt it will get any better than this.

@JechtMarchriusGalian
Read chapter 12.1
There was a lot of backlash from JP readers
If a character that was originally dark skinned turned white as a because of a blessing, I'm sure a lot of people would call it racist lol
But white skin or not, I like it :D

Fed-Kun's army
@sambucety Interesting,South America should had know a little better about the idea of having white skin be better. There was away to may times that this happened from the course of history,one of best example is a brazilian writer(Machado de Assis) that they did their best to make his skin lighter in any picture that he had and many others. The idea of white skin being a problem is actually pretty recent and dumb(Please don't fight racism with racism), and in my opinion is mostly confined to the united states. For the course of history(And in asian countries for different reasons),this actually was a trend. If you want to search about try to find things older then 10 years. In this time you could still find people saying that having gay marriage in games(as a choice) was a problem or that was a fact that there was a need to have a serious discussion about it. So you probably can find more reliable information about this problem without stumbling into a radical that is doing the same thing just for people with a white skin.

Users who are viewing this thread