I'm Not the Saint, so I'll Just Leisurely Make Food at the Royal Palace - Vol. 1 Ch. 1.1

Damn everyone calling her fat and pig and shit, but she really doesn’t look bad. She’s about like me, maybe 20 pounds overweight. With a diet change and some exercise she should be good after 6ish months. Fuck all these people for putting her down like that

i always forget, fat for japan is like, mildly overweight for anywhere else

Fed-Kun's army
I literally had to zoom out to 25% just to see the chapter. Is this manga made for giants or something?

Dex-chan lover
I am getting confused with the Artwork.
In the colour artwork, the girl looks mildly fat (nothing to major), but in many of the scenes later she looks like a normal build girl.

Dex-chan lover
Is this one of those situations where they want to portray a character being discriminated against for being fat or ugly but don’t have the courage to follow through with that in the artwork because fat and ugly both equate to being evil in the vapid world of shoujo?

@sheepdoge
She is fat, but not to an exaggerated degree, still, you can apparently have health issues with that little amount or was it that you fell on the obese category? Can't remember which. Anyways, she doesn't look bad and I can understand why she gained that much weight, anyone who lost three loved ones suddenly would probably do the same.
She will probably get back to normal/optimal weight as the story progresses.

I feel like in most of the scenes she isn’t even that far. Like most works show characters which are very skinny to be the norm, whereas she often looks like a relatively healthy weight for a regular person, if a tad bit over the ‘optimal’ size

Whoever said fat in Japan is mildly overweight everywhere else... Yes thank you because I was like whaaaat with everyone else. Also the cover and in page art is very different in her portrayal I feel like it does keep changing.

Yay older prince, yes its kidnapping! Good job

Dex-chan lover
Just me sharing my experience as a fat Japanese person who migrated to the USA:
When I first came to the US in high school I was so shocked at how LARGE everyone was.
Like, not just overweight people (especially young children and people in the motorized wheelchairs?), but like super tall, or huge chests, etc.
Anyway in Japan an extra large shirt is like an American medium. Good luck getting big shoes, bras, etc. Special order those or import.
In Japan I was HUGE. Think pig or whale. Like, people staring, whispers, jokes, advice on diets, etc.
In the USA I was 'kinda chubby'. So shocking 😅
The portions too. A regular drink at McDonald's is similar to a medium or even a large drink in Japan.
Theres a very very large difference.
Anyway if you read all this thanks for reading my rambling.

Dex-chan lover
If this is fat for the Japanese then god bless their pure unclogged arteries they are across an ocean and a language barrier from the U.S.

Users who are viewing this thread