I’m starting to hate reading mang

Why? Because it’s all the same shit, like 80% or more of modern manga is either yaoi, isekai bottom barrel garbage, and cheap Chinese garbage that digs several feet below isekai with its bloody finger stumps. Same shit, over and over and over. Reincarnated into another world as a Nobel? Dozens of them exist. Sent back into original world after being isekai’d? Read three of these manga. Reincarnated as a Op shota? I shit you not I’ve seen at least five of those. you have to dig out layers upon layers of shit only to find a manga that’s pretty good but has few chapters and has an irregular update schedule, or you have to wait several months to half a year for a new fucking chapter(Liber would be an example of this) . Find a manga that has many chapters and is really good? Get ready for its quality to take a dip like three other manga I follow! (Chainsaw man, Jagaaaaan, to you the immortal) Or even worse see it get axed! ( that one where his arm gets a boner idk forgot the name )

Edit: I have decided to take the white pill and read hentai exclusively. As hentai plots are more original than actual manga.

Aggregator gang
Yeah man I mean, just don't read it...

Reading manga is a hobby so if you find it a chore or upsetting it's better to take a break from it. Seems like you just are venting for attention but I digress. It also seems you're not searching very hard for quality content and are just browsing recent suggestions (since isekai is a very recent genre). Manga has existed as an art form for over 50yrs so their will be some classics you've definitely missed. Back on 2006-2009 forums people would gawked over "must read" classics, have you read or tried to find any of these?

I ran into a similar problem two months ago and solved it by changing art forms. My tastes from reading hundreds of manga over years has shifted and I found it difficult to enjoy certain current tropes. I've recently been diverging into light novels since I've found they have more detail. While their quality isn't drastically different there are many greats that I haven't read (simply since they aren't translated into manga yet).

Also being pedantic but if it's Chinese I believe it's called a manhau

Dex-chan lover
I think unchecking the fantasy tag will solve some of your problems.

Fed-Kun's army
manhua is all oversaturated garbage. You can instantly tell by the art if its good or not because if an artist or studio actually puts money into a good artist it means they at least care enough about the story for it to be somewhat good quality

Dex-chan lover
I don't like general OP reincarnation/returner MC as well like the new type of Solo leveling nor Villaines or reincarnation romance type (it has been numerous lately). I think I have enough from those genre not because of bad writing but just bored reading the same thing over and over again.

its indeed quite hard finding a new hidden gems, but so far I've been pretty lucky to find many good manga from various source (recommendation or randomly picking from latest update)

If you want, you could PM me for recommendation... I have quite a lot of those list from various genre maybe some or many might entertaining you @reeemam

Go read a few classics my good man. I honestly do agree with you on the quality dip recently but all we can do is trust our Mangaka overlords and pray some good shit's coming our way. There are even ONGOING classics (kind of oxymoronic, I know)like One Piece, Kingdom and Hajime No Ippo. Try them.

In my opinion, manga still better than manhwa. It's not about the taste but the fact that they still provide much variety. I dig deeper than what the community has translated so I know what I'm saying. It just ... unnoticed. So many hidden gems. Really.

It is precisely the manhwa and manhua that show more stereotypes you have mentioned. All of them is...what, about cultivation, martial arts, reincarnation, harem setting, vilainness etc etc etc. They overused the material. They give us this pick-me-between gesture like a selling product. I hope no one feel offended by this tho. I enjoyed some cute isekai Webtoon but ended up feeling bored. It's hard to find such good quality writing because they have set their own standard. They are the same. They are, well, represent their country's comic style. So no matter the trend, they can't beat the truly great ones.

Also, scans community as far as I know mostly picked up free stuff. Easily ripped off raw, I even know where to find them. But others also paid for it. It's unfortunate because we really can't always get what we like. We "love" this series, but what about the others? No masses and staffs are interested enough to do it.

Fed-Kun's army
Good thing my whacked brain is wired to only read satisfying romance stories regardless of the overall plot

KoauhEV.gif

Just be more selective with what you read.
I prefer to read a few series that I find good, to most of the crap that is published everyday.
For example, shonen for me are a no-no, sure there are a few that break the mold, but I got tired of most of them.
Also, try reading completed mangas, most the good ones are already completed, and a lot of people only read mangas that are ongoing.

Fed-Kun's army
I understand exactly how you feel. Eventually you get tired of the same format. You read everything that would have strongly appealed to you, and you're left with manga that either doesn't appeal to you at all or doesn't appeal to you enough. Perhaps, someday, in a few years, you'll return to the medium and fall in love with it all over again, but for now you may be ready to move on. There must be a laundry list of books, or comics, or visual novels, or academic course on Youtube that you just can't wait to devour. So stretch your limbs and chart new galaxies.

Isekai has always been a recycled story because ppl still bite it whether its good or bad. Honestly only a few isekai manga are good out there the rest are just copy paste story with op or cheat powers. In manhuas i dont think there are good ones tbh, although i follow some of it. But recently i have seen manhuas THAT are EXACTLY the same story (ex. Metropolitan system and another metropolitan story again) its like the authors are not trying to be creative anymore and just copy others work tweak something then boom another "new story".

Dex-chan lover
3045F38DAF1EAFF1D09EF6CF2E8D5E4F0E36D8CF

Just filter it out. Honestly why make such a fuss when nobody is forcing you to read them, besides by this point you should've developed some way to determine whether its shit or not at a glance
so if you still go into it despite knowing its shit then that's all you buddy.

Dex-chan lover
Can't say I have the same problem as you OP. Maybe you just suck at finding good stuff.

Supporter
go into settings and fill out the exclude tags section
sounds like you're tired of isekai. Exclude it.

Same problem here. I feel like that's just the nature of consuming any medium extensively. I remember when I first pick up a manga and felt like discovering something so wonderful. Now it just feels repetitive.

OP, you need to venture outside of your usuals tags. Try reading a diffrent demographics (shojos?), or different decades (really old, classics mangas?), or indie, underground stuffs. Gotta spice it up.

Try this list by Hox: https://hoxtranslations.blogspot.com/p/manga-recommendations.html

Edit: I have decided to take the white pill and read hentai exclusively. As hentai plots are more original than actual manga.

I find this hilariously Ironic because I read an unhealthy a perfectly healthy amount of hentai manga and doujinshis and find a lot of the same tropes and plot lines (barring a few artists that are willing to go beyond the deep end or have very specific fetishes). After all, what you want in hentai if MORE of the same stuff. So having the same tropes isn't as big of a problem as in manga.

Edit to be more clear about my point.

Aggregator gang
Tensei shitara slime datta ken had a different touch on isekai genre. Nevertheless I don't like recent influx of Yaoi based mangas/manhwa or whatever f. These crappy Yaoi fandom is literally dominating the entire industry. Oh hell you should read some good manga like "To your eternity" , " My home hero" , " Shounen no abyss" , " Innocent & innocent rogue". Etc

Users who are viewing this thread