I'm the Grand Duke's Consort Candidate, However, I Believe I Can Certainly Surpass It! - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
The relationship Teresse has with her family, servants, and people in the fief are absolutely heartwarming, funny, and loving.

Dex-chan lover
within the first chapter I have a problem with the series or the translation

on page 21 she got a cheque??? did cheques really exist so early on in the olden days? or is this another one of those "suspend your disbelief" moments?

hey on the comment about checks existing or not back in the day-- if im not mistaken, banks in europe started working more or less as we know today back in the 1500s in renaissance italy, so im pretty sure smth similar to a check could plausibly exist in the story setting!

Dex-chan lover
Holy shit. This is maybe the only fantasy noble MC I've ever seen that actually cares enough about commoners to not live frivolously and hoard wealth. It's pretty refreshing, honestly.
Hope that doesn't change once she inevitably gets chosen as the concert.

i like it so far! the heroine is kind of giving me the 'not like other girls' vibe lmao but she's cute

5 bucks says she met the King when she first visited the palace and he fell in love with her.

Dex-chan lover
@GuildMasterJin it's entirely feasible checks were extant. They wouldn't be exactly like they are today, but A royal decree could be issued and then converted somewhere else (i.e., you take it to the bank and hand it over, they give you money and then show the palace the paper with a royal stamp and receive the appropriate compensation). It could be sort of like the story behind a Russian drinking gesture where someone who repaired a church spire was given a document for free drinks, and after losing it several times, a brand on the neck. I don't see how the prince/king wouldn't be able to issue a IOU of sorts in that manner, and cheque is a convenient term that is better understood by us modern folk.

Users who are viewing this thread