I'm the Grand Duke's Consort Candidate, However, I Believe I Can Certainly Surpass It! - Vol. 3 Ch. 12

@Waffley
I don't know if I'm allowed to post the web novel link here, so I'll give you the jist in a spoiler below.

1. Lady Clarise is evil and is the one behind the kidnapping of Teresse. She tries to persuade Teresse to give up on the Grand Duke in exchange for 200,000 peir, but Teresse refuses and tackles her. The guards then burst in and arrest everyone.

2. The Grand Duke reveals that Rina is the woman from 7 years ago and that he's been in love with her all along. He makes her touch the ring, which causes flowers to bloom everywhere.

3. He then reveals that he was never looking for a consort. From the start he was planning to marry Rina. The pageant was actually an excuse for him to gather noble ladies together and weed out anyone who would be a threat to his wife in future, especially since she is a commoner and is likely to be bullied. It was also an excuse for him to arrest and depose corrupt noble families like Clarise's.

4. To give Rina a noble status, he asks Terese's family to adopt Rina as one of their own. I stopped reading there, but I presume they agreed.

5. Because I stopped reading, I don't know what happened after that, but I'm sure Teresse and Jade ended up together.

The reason why I'm so annoyed is because
The Grand Duke deceived everyone and wasted everyone's time with this farce. I hate manipulative bastards like that. Rina scolds him over it, but I don't think he's particularly repentant. I'm happy Teresse didn't have to marry the Grand Duke, but the idea that he was toying with the feelings of all the ladies, giving them and their families false hope, only to pull a PSYCHE! I WAS KIDDING! at the end is infuriating.

@ AnimefangirlX
noooooo!!!! clarise??? evil???? but i liked her so much 🥺🥺🥺 i want her to be happy 😔

Uh that was weird. What on earth is Marietta’s plan? Make Teresse vanish and then put her single red rose in the vase of white roses? Who would be dumb enough to fall for that? I will admit I’m surprised on her being a baddie, I guess it makes sense why she kept approaching Teressa when all the other candidates didn’t.

I guess the roses turning red proves the spoilers everyone posted in the comments was actually true. I’m a little sad since I thought
someone like Teressa becoming grand duchess could do so much good. But I’ll just have to trust that Riina will do well as duchess. Oh! Does that mean she’ll pick Teressa as her lady in waiting?! That would be so cool! Then they can stay close and everyone’s happy. And Teressa gets to see Jade everyday! So the ship can keep sailing.

I am a little disappointed the prince/duke went to all this trouble just to find out if some noble daughters weren’t good people. 🤦🏼‍♀️ Really dude? So much time and effort for nothing. I feel absolutely terrible for every girl who came hoping for a chance at gaining his love. No wonder the author had Teressa so early on admit she had no interest in him. So she wouldn’t be hurt when it was revealed to have all been a sham. Dude definitely loses any points of interest I had in him. Hopefully Rinna will be firm and teach him to do better. Hopefully she doesn’t become a doormat ugh.

Thank you for translating this chapter! It’s been wonderful reading so many updates these late couple days.

@pbrgh
Me too!
She was a bit stuck up, but she seemed reasonable, willing to learn and had solid leadership skills among the nobles. Very interesting to have a flawed but honorable love rival.

Then suddenly the twist turns her into a pathetic, mustache-twirling villain with a brainless plan. Riina has been shown to be intelligent and capable, but does she have the social and interpersonal skills it takes to be the ruler of the kingdom? It feels like the author made Clarise suddenly and comically evil because it's the only way to justify anyone with a brain picking Riina over her.

😑😑😑😑

@AnimefangirlX thanks for replying!!

I'm so disappointed that Clarisse ended up being bad. That seems to come out of nowhere lol it's such a waste since she seemed to be a reasonable girl.
And damn, that Duke o.o it was pretty clever to do that but still pretty rude at the same time (wasting people's time like that and stringing them along). Thank goodness Terese didn't like him and ends up with Jade instead.

I'm still going to read it until the end, I love the art and I really really want to see my ships' happy ending haha but I'm at ease knowing what happens and who the baddie is. Thanks agaaaain

Users who are viewing this thread