I'm Working at the Church as a Priest, but I Want to Be Cut Some Slack from the Mutilated Bodies of the Heroes that Keep Getting Sent to Me - Ch. 2.6

Dex-chan lover
make the alraune th FMC and dont revive the old FMC, theres no hope for her

Dex-chan lover
The more I read this, the more I see the spirit of Zetsubou-sensei in that priest.

Dex-chan lover
Things still continue to not add up here. The church can't overcharge heroes, but Aegis can get a national budget level of debt from deaths with no explanation as to why they cost money in the first place. I mean. Priest can apparently afford to repeatedly offer free revivals whenever he's in trouble. It doesn't even cross his mind that heroes would fight it whether or not they get offered a discount since his brain is addled with all of the most evil vices of unregulated capitalism.

The priest continues to reveal his true evil nature as his inherent wickedness is apparently strong enough to desanctify his own church that should have rendered it impossible for the alraune seed to even get into the property.
His complaints about being overworked somehow manage to even hold LESS water than before since he apparently spends copious amounts of free time (that he supposedly does not have) developing magitek and doing advanced magical chemistry.

Dex-chan lover
I actually feel sorry for this dude, constantly cleaning up blood and gore and having to deal with psychopathic adventurers who won't pay the revival fee, at this point if I were him i'd just become a farmer.

@RamenRider the higher the level the higher the cost of revival, that's bc with her level she's supposed to get big rewards from the missions, from strong monsters she kills or from treasure she can get in harder areas.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@RamenRider First of all, its a video game thing. You know how you lose half your gold after getting killed? This is that thing

Second, the priest need to eat. Its a service job. I can sweep your house for free but I won't. Pay me! On the other hand, if sweeping your house means I will be saved from that meteor coming down right now, by all means, let me sweep your house for free.

Third, being overworked is a fair statement from him if people kept dying on a daily or even hourly basis without giving him a chance to rest (magically) and then not pay him. Naturally he would use whatever free time he has left for shady (physical) business BECAUSE HE IS NOT GETTING PAID.

Dex-chan lover
Please don't revive the useless girl
Pretty please with a cherry on top

Dex-chan lover
@Nep
First of all, its a video game thing. You know how you lose half your gold after getting killed? This is that thing
And we've seen it demonstrated several times that the videogame money for said revival goes directly to the church. I'm not sure why you felt the need to report on what was already established like it being established isn't what caused my statement to happen in the first place. Saying that the church can't take too much cash when they clearly get heroes into exorbitant debt is a contradictory statement.

Second, the priest need to eat. Its a service job. I can sweep your house for free but I won't. Pay me! On the other hand, if sweeping your house means I will be saved from that meteor coming down right now, by all means, let me sweep your house for free.
It was established that the church pays him back in the first chapter. His problem isn't money. It's overwork because they're too cheap to hire a janitor, he's too dumb to ask a hero to help clean up(or use his actual slave for that), and your own example further strengthens why his position is ridiculous . Heroes entire existence as a job is to save everyone from that damn meteor and your boss (an actual god that you willingly went into the service of) gave you the power to specifically sweep the person's house to effectively save yourself from the damn meteor.

Third, being overworked is a fair statement from him if people kept dying on a daily or even hourly basis without giving him a chance to rest (magically) and then not pay him. Naturally he would use whatever free time he has left for shady (physical) business BECAUSE HE IS NOT GETTING PAID.
As I pointed out a few sentences ago, he is getting paid. If he wasn't, he would not be getting paid after specifically choosing not to get paid as a lifetime profession to make his monetary woes self inflicted problems. How are you gonna complain about being poor after taking a vow of poverty?
Overworked is a fair statement UNTIL it repeatedly turns out that he has enough free time to do extensive research into magical chemistry and technology for the sake of getting more money. That can't possibly be easy or quick to do. His big complaint this set of chapters was that he didn't have enough leisure time during the daytime time for gardening as if leisure time was his real job. It brings into question the very idea that he's overworked (despite us knowing it has to be true) because of the heroes dying when he has endless hours to torture, developing/testing unholy chemical weapons, and so forth.

This problem is only gonna get worse as time goes on since the story would get boring and have less characters if we only saw the FL die a bunch while he bitches but it's better than the alternative of repeating the same joke until it gets stale.

Fed-Kun's army
In some folklore the alraune are blood draining plants so shouldn't this be a win - win for the priest? Mean with cleaning up the blood stains...

Fed-Kun's army
That girl is experiencing some final destination level stuff.

maybe with a little more dedication you can split the one chapter into 100. maybe half a page at the time? i think that´s what everybody wants

Users who are viewing this thread