Images aren't showing in saved web pages

Status
Not open for further replies.
umm sorry for the bother but I want to know something

don't know if it's a bug but when I saved/downloaded some pages here, the images aren't showing up

tried other manga sites but they're fine when saved so the downloader might be ok. Also tried using another browser to save some pages here cause I might have done something in the browser I typically used, but as it turned out, the browser is not the problem because it's still not showing images when saved/downloaded

wonder if it's gonna return to what it used to be, cause I really love how the size of the saved pages here are smaller than the other sites, which is really convenient for me, for my phone's storage is small and the source of offline & online reading site I'm using is the same

really want to continue using this site to download/save the other mangas I haven't downloaded yet for some future offline read

so is it possible to be fixed or something?

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@Sicnarf123 How exactly are you downloading chapters, currently? Anything using the API shouldn't be affected.

I think it's the same issue reported in the recent "Error maybe?" thread. To answer @BraveDude8 's question, in my case: with the regular "save page" feature in the browser (i.e. CTRL+S).

@solstice258 & @Xunder

are those gonna work in a cp? cause that's what I use, I'm gonna check that link later when the internets faster here

@BraveDude8

I'm only using the save button on the mobile browsers I use, cause I'm not really familiar with the other options in downloading webpages

@shoggoth15

is it just mine or are your saved page's picture also isn't showing?

@BraveDude8 @Xunder @solstice258 @shoggoth15

thanks for the replies and the bother

Double-page supporter
@Xunder

I don't mean to be mean but why would you do something like
Code:
title = title.rstrip()
title = title.rstrip('.')
title = title.rstrip()
?

Isn't
Code:
title = title.rstrip(' .')
simpler and faster? This one will remove dots and spaces even if there's more than one set.

Edit: there's some other questionable techniques but I'm CBA :)

Edit2:
> dm what you think needs changing
I'll think about it :)

Dex-chan lover
I also have the same issue

Screenshot:
T7YndfP_d.webp

I'm on Android and I download the web pages from chrome using the download feature, the latest version (updated it since I thought chrome was the one having issues... and then lost all my hentai tabs I opened in incognito cause chrome restarted)

In storage, the web pages are shown being the size they're supposed to be (the one in the screenshot is 7.27 MB specifically)

Screenshot:
dGIdgul_d.webp

Which leads me to believe that the data itself is downloaded properly but something in MD changed so that downloaded web pages do not show the images. This was all fine a few days ago and right now with scan groups' website downloads so I'm confident the issue is that something changed with MD.

This issue began at March 11 since a download at March 10 (9:19 pm GMT+7) was still showing images properly meanwhile the download at March 11 (11:20 pm GMT+7) did not. Hope this info helps.

Dex-chan lover
I'm sorry, why are y'all saving the entire reader HTML? Don't do that. Are you trying to use the reader offline?

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN Why are you saving an offline copy of the page when you can just use Tachiyomi?
And if blobs break offline pages, blame Chrome.

gonna add up to the explanations

Issue : images doesn't show when you save the pages of some chapters of manga

Does the images only doesn't show when you download the chapters of mangas : yes
CuG8CGv.jpg

h66CRBV.jpg

CJN14So.jpg

Have you saved webpages from other sites : yes
Do they show images : yes

Have you used other browsers that has download feature : yes
Do they show images in the saved pages coming from MD : no
Do they show images from other sites : yes

Have you ever used other Html viewer : yes
Do they show images in the saved pages coming from MD : no
Do they show images from other sites : yes

Date the issue started : what DANDAN_THE_DANDAN said

I also prefer it cause the filesize of chapters is smaller than when using tachiyomi

Dex-chan lover
@BraveDude8 Cause I've always been doing that ever since I first started using MD and it always worked lol. Didn't bother using Tachiyomi cause I never needed to

@MrIncognito Reader doesn't work. You actually need to load the pages in long strip and all the functionalities basically freeze in place aside from scrolling up and down

Dex-chan lover
The fact that the JavaScript-heavy new reader worked at all in any mode when saved locally is astonishing to me.

I don't think that was ever intended behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread