Imasara desu ga, Osananajimi wo Suki ni Natte Shimaimashita - Ch. 21 - The School Festival That Started It All (Second Part)

Group Leader
image.png

So this is interesting in retrospect. Now this comment in retrospect looks like a hint and "Aya" actually didn't know the "Takkun" Hikari was talking about was her "Yuu". And she learned this fact probably just prior
Yeah I went back to binge re-read from the beginning, and I think the only way for it to be somewhat salvageable is
  • Aya never knew Hikari's crush was her ex-bf the whole time, only until he entered the classroom
  • Ta-kun's eyes were on Hikari the whole time, based on how much he looked up to her (which may be a possible reason for the break up?)
  • Ta-kun realized that Aya attended the same school as her, which is why he was reluctant to attend the school festival
  • Ta-kun probably realized that Aya was there, which is why he noped out of the classroom without a word and only left a note
  • Ta-kun was probably not as invested in their relationship as Aya was, somewhat like the kouhai from the earlier chaps, which may be why he never saw a need to explain anything to Hikari
  • Aya tried her best to stay away but teens be irrational and emotional, she saw him in the classroom alone and couldn't hold back (she may have misunderstood too that he came looking for her, when in fact he came for Hikari)
I have no explanation for Aya being 18 though, maybe she studied overseas and when she came back, her education level was of 1-2 years below? She's also hella rich, rich people have their own problems I guess

Dex-chan lover
Yeah I went back to binge re-read from the beginning, and I think the only way for it to be somewhat salvageable is
  • Aya never knew Hikari's crush was her ex-bf the whole time, only until he entered the classroom
  • Ta-kun's eyes were on Hikari the whole time, based on how much he looked up to her (which may be a possible reason for the break up?)
  • Ta-kun realized that Aya attended the same school as her, which is why he was reluctant to attend the school festival
  • Ta-kun probably realized that Aya was there, which is why he noped out of the classroom without a word and only left a note
  • Ta-kun was probably not as invested in their relationship as Aya was, somewhat like the kouhai from the earlier chaps, which may be why he never saw a need to explain anything to Hikari
  • Aya tried her best to stay away but teens be irrational and emotional, she saw him in the classroom alone and couldn't hold back (she may have misunderstood too that he came looking for her, when in fact he came for Hikari)
I have no explanation for Aya being 18 though, maybe she studied overseas and when she came back, her education level was of 1-2 years below? She's also hella rich, rich people have their own problems I guess
nah if you look back to chap 16 with the other 2 old friends he clearly isn't bothered about the misunderstanding of him being with fmc. and only blushes at the mention of how hard he tried to get into the same school, but we know who else goes there.
he was likely in the relationship with aya back then.

Dex-chan lover
Man was cooking for too long, now its burned 🥲

Random sexual assault 😐
Of course, author couldn't have gone for natural progression, somehow thats the rarest thing to find, most just get lost and resort to drama to force progression, but why though 🥲

Somehow that pulled it down for me, since it really doesn't fit the 21 previous lighthearted chapters, where it was just a simple wholesome romance 😶

Dex-chan lover
I'd maybe somehow see the potential for the drama in it but it's so obvious it was just an instant twist to get some gotchas.

Aya saying 2 lines of dialogue in some chapter isn't proper foreshadowing. MC doesn't show annnnny signs at all. This, if it was planned, was specifically done just for shock value.

Dex-chan lover
MC doesn't show annnnny signs at all. This, if it was planned, was specifically done just for shock value.
That's the thing: he's not the MC. Hikari is. We only see things from her perspective. He is the target of her affections, but we don't see him beyond her eyes. We don't hear his thoughts like we do hers. Maybe, like her, he's developed feelings for her recently and things are just complicated because he didn't get proper closer with his previous relationship. Or maybe he's never seen her that way, and this is a story of a girl who realizes too late her own feelings, and has to deal with her first heartbreak.

I can understand not liking a story because you thought it was one thing and turned out to be another. But none of the characters are bad people for this.

Dex-chan lover
That's the thing: he's not the MC. Hikari is. We only see things from her perspective. He is the target of her affections, but we don't see him beyond her eyes. We don't hear his thoughts like we do hers. Maybe, like her, he's developed feelings for her recently and things are just complicated because he didn't get proper closer with his previous relationship. Or maybe he's never seen her that way, and this is a story of a girl who realizes too late her own feelings, and has to deal with her first heartbreak.

I can understand not liking a story because you thought it was one thing and turned out to be another. But none of the characters are bad people for this.
Point where I said the characters are bad lol. The entire comment was about how the direction the foreshadowing took was wrong and was meant to jebait the reader. Don't project onto me.

I'm mad at the author, not fictional kids

Dex-chan lover
If I knew Maruto was the one who wrote this, I would had read this ages ago.

Shame I came late to the party.

• This
Reactions: 30k
Dex-chan lover
What kinda BS is BSS, anyway?
"Boku ga saki ni suki datta" or "I liked her/him first". It's a "theme" of some character's crush going out with someone else. The point is that there was no mutual feelings to start with, and it's just one sided jealousy. In a way it can be seen as a "flip" of NTR because the protagonist either never had a shot or they never communicated their feelings and assumed shit would work out eventually.

It's more likely neither. Aya was avoiding him, and likely stayed in the classroom as he would not likely to come back if Hikari wasn't there. And he went to the classroom for the same reason as Hikari went to look for him there, it's the only place he "knows" at her school since it is his first time there.
Hmm, so she's just assuming that he was looking for her. Well, her going in for the kiss shows that she is the terrible one here, hope Hikari realizes that.

Users who are viewing this thread