Imasara desu ga, Osananajimi wo Suki ni Natte Shimaimashita - Ch. 21 - The School Festival That Started It All (Second Part)

Dex-chan lover
LOL the only thing missing from this comment section is a Twitter Ratio Cap.

And I thought Fufuu Ijou fans were crazy, boy was I wrong.

Man, what a day to be out of buttered popcorn and diet soda.

Supporter
I asked for a chocolate cake, not a pile of shit.
Oh well, I'll stick around and see if it gets worse or somehow redeems itself.

Dex-chan lover
No matter the circumstance for their breakup, that doesn't excuse her going in for the kiss. Going after your best friend's crush without them knowing is a scummy move, full stop.
Well damn, Hikari going after Yuu is scummy then, right? Since Yuu is her bff's love interest as well. This didn't drop out of the sky, they have a history. This wasn't their first kiss, this is not some "I'm gonna steal him back" moment. This was not knowing how to deal with lingering feelings with someone who appears out of nowhere.
You guys are acting like she's some snake, when all signs point to her being blindsided and is a storm of conflicting emotions right now.
Again, no one in the story knew how complicated this romantic scenario was until this day, and now people will deal with the fallout.

Maybe I hate romance mangas, I love romance in stories most times I won't read something if it at least doesn't have some form of romance in it but maybe manga thats main genre is romance just isn't for me. I can read 50 Isekais where they have the same tropes of breaking magic measuring devices, having cheat powers, having harems etc.. But I have realized that the tropes in romance are just pointless drama to drag out the plot like this or maybe not having one conversation for 10 chapters to solve a misunderstanding, or omg she is on a date with another boy but the boy is her cousin but the cousin is in fact in love with her, like this is just abysmal man. I guess I should stick to Manwha/manhua which has a side of romance and stay away from mainly romance stories, hate to generalize but 80% of romance authors just seem god awful. :fml:
:fml::fml:

Well damn, Hikari going after Yuu is scummy then, right? Since Yuu is her bff's love interest as well. This didn't drop out of the sky, they have a history. This wasn't their first kiss, this is not some "I'm gonna steal him back" moment. This was not knowing how to deal with lingering feelings with someone who appears out of nowhere.
You guys are acting like she's some snake, when all signs point to her being blindsided and is a storm of conflicting emotions right now.
Again, no one in the story knew how complicated this romantic scenario was until this day, and now people will deal with the fallout.

That is not even remotely close to the same situation and you know it. It was on Ami to at least tell Hikari "Hey, turns out your crush is my ex!" the moment that she found out. Even if she found out today (she likely realized back in chapter 11 when she was questioning why her friends were talking about "Yuu"), it wouldn't have hurt to tell her through text, or ask Hikari to meet up discreetly so she could explain it in person.

So yes, in this case, Ami is the snake. Her conflicting emotions should have made her kiss Yuu, and from what we see, Yuu is fine with it (unless the next chapter shows him pushing her away) even though he's here for Hikari and apparently had no issue with people thinking he was with her back in middle school.

Last edited:
it's a pretty ugly plot twist. But, we talk about Maruto as author :dogkek: .
it's full of plot hole. Aya is her BFF and Yuu her CF. How in the hell they've kept the secret so long ? Age don't match...
But ok, let's say that Aya and Yuu were very good to hide thing from Hikari for the sake of.
Ayami is, for now, the worst as bff. She knew everything and yet never said a thing. And Yuu, well, is not better (even it seem he has been slapped pretty hard and was trying to say something before being shut off. But need their pov and story behind on how they ended together in the past before break up).
Hikari will never recover from this:nyoron:. Double crossed by her bff, discovering their relationship like that. It's a situation where you'll think "I was an idiot to go after my CF.Ta-kun and Aya...behind my back without telling me anything. I feel that I'm the butt of the joke". Well, congrat Maruto, you live up to your reputation.

JP comments are funny, they're shocked too:lul:
What does "CF" mean here?

Dex-chan lover
That is not even remotely close to the same situation and you know it.
No, I don't know it. They were both unaware, and now they are on the same foot: they both like the same person. They need to resolve that between the two of them.
she likely realized back in chapter 11 when she was questioning why her friends were talking about "Yuu"
That would only raise her own suspicions, not a confirmation. It's not an uncommon name.
it wouldn't have hurt to tell her through text, or ask Hikari to meet up discreetly so she could explain it in person
That is not what humans do. Humans are not so robotic when dealing with their own emotions. They are far, far more likely to try to avoid the situation until it explodes
So yes, in this case, Ami is the snake.
This implies premeditation, and there is basically negative indication of that.

Dex-chan lover
What the shit? Tf is this blindside outta nowhere?

cook-or-never-cook-again-v0-caabevc08rpb1.jpeg

Dex-chan lover
Has this girl been here from the beginning? Literally who is she? Where did this come from?

Edit: she showed up twice before, even so, barely a character

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Wow, people here are really angry.
Do people here really doesn't know the author at all? I mean we had 2 seasons and a movie for Saekano. Don't tell me y'all forget that anime already.

No, I don't know it. They were both unaware, and now they are on the same foot: they both like the same person. They need to resolve that between the two of them.
No, they are not on the same foot. The moment Ami started arguing with Yuu, she knew that Yuu was Hikari's crush. Hikari never knew that Yuu was Ami's ex, so they are not even in the same situation. It's astounding that you keep on ignoring this, when it's clear that this makes Ami the snake.

This implies premeditation, and there is basically negative indication of that.

Kissing your best friend's crush "in the heat of the moment" is complete bs, especially when she knew who Yuu was to Hikari. I honestly hope that she realizes Hikari saw them, or Hikari at least cuts her off, because that isn't a friend.

Dex-chan lover
Has this girl been here from the beginning? Seriously who is she? Where did this come from?
She's appeared since chapter 5. It was also her house (well, her father's mistress' condo) that they did the sleepover in. There was actually a decent amount of foreshadowing that something was up, and further foreshadowing that Ayami is going through things other than this love triangle.
In this case, it's not really forced drama: this wasn't something pulled from nothing in an attempt to extend a story like a lot of love rival things, this seems to actually be the root of the concept in general. Something it was building towards.

The blindsiding seems to be purposeful. We were limited to the MC's perspective and made a lot of assumptions based on what was shown, despite it being clear now that the picture was very limited.
This is both a good and bad thing. It's a good thing from a writing perspective: the shock you feel is closely tied to the shock the MC feels. The bad side comes from the utility of the story. People were reading this as a simple fluffy romance, and even sometimes getting annoyed at Hikari being ignorant of the "obvious" signs that Yuu liked her back and she should just confess.
This is the double edged sword of writing, the conflict of the desires of writer and reader. There's still a lot of story left, so the writer has not yet "stuck" the landing, but he has at last started to reveal his hand.

Dex-chan lover
Kissing your best friend's crush "in the heat of the moment" is complete bs, especially when she knew who Yuu was to Hikari. I honestly hope that she realizes Hikari saw them, or Hikari at least cuts her off, because that isn't a friend.
She also knows who Yuu is to her, which you seem to be completely disregarding.

Users who are viewing this thread