Imasara desu ga, Osananajimi wo Suki ni Natte Shimaimashita - Ch. 22 - It Happened, A Year, and a Half Ago

Dex-chan lover
The author is crossing into the boundary of peak. We had ourselves a well drawn and well paced cute shoujo by an author who saw previous success in this new era through her workplace romance. But these last two chapters have a chance to cross this story into a level above what she’s previously peaked at. I love when authors do this
After I've gotten passed the shock, re-read it, and saw all the bread crumb neatly placed in it. I, too, see big potential in this title. I'd hate it if it's just an ass pulled twist. But I'm a sucker of story that laid everything so innocently in plain sight, only to pull the rug out of you at the exactly right moment like this. If managed well after this, this will be another masterpiece for me.

Dex-chan lover
People scr

It's mentioned in ch 17 that they had a rivalry of some sort. Yes, he did tried to get into the school because of Hikari-chan but it's not due to a romantic intention.
I argue that Ch.18 suggest otherwise. He did has reaction to Hikari at that point in time, so you can still say it was just an excuse for him to not admit it. Yeah, it's a bit flimsy, but not totally off the table yet. I believe he had a crush on Hikari first, turned to Ayami, and turned back to Hikari after broke up, only to have old flame sparked again.

I argue that Ch.18 suggest otherwise. He did has reaction to Hikari at that point in time, so you can still say it was just an excuse for him to not admit it. Yeah, it's a bit flimsy, but not totally off the table yet. I believe he had a crush on Hikari first, turned to Ayami, and turned back to Hikari after broke up, only to have old flame sparked again.
I think its gonna be written this way.
Hikari's chapter hints towards her.
Ayami's chapter will hint towards her.

And the Dusk chapter will be the actual truth. And it's gonna be Hikari (in middle school) > Aya > back to Hikari

I do hope Ayami's chapter isnt just flashback and retread of older ch from a different perspective because i want the story to move forward.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I think its gonna be written this way.
Hikari's chapter hints towards her.
Ayami's chapter will hint towards her.

And the Dusk chapter will be the actual truth. And it's gonna be Hikari (in middle school) > Aya > back to Hikari
When you put it that way, and now that I think really hard about it, Ch.21 really made every one jumped to conclusion that Yuu was actually still in love with Aya, but if we take a step back, we only saw Aya slapped Yuu, they argue a little and Aya cut the conversation short by kissing Yuu. It can still go in any direction with that. We were persuaded by Hikari's shock to assume what she was assuming...

Man... I have even higher hope for this title. I'm still on Hikari side, both wanting to root for her and on the plot would make for a better conclusion; but I'd say I'm even down for Aya being with Yuu at the end if done right.

Dex-chan lover
A backstory to a character, regardless if they are liked or not, is always needed yes.

But the way the author went with it in this example is such a huge tonal shift.

"So you know this controversial character?

I am now gonna heavily imply she was sexually abused by her step-dad.

And then she ran way from home, and now sells herself to pedo old men for cash.

This is sure to fit in with the light hearted romcom premise I started with"
They started her backstory with an undershot and full thighs. Ok I know seggs incoming.

Fed-Kun's army
The author is crossing into the boundary of peak. We had ourselves a well drawn and well paced cute shoujo by an author who saw previous success in this new era through her workplace romance. But these last two chapters have a chance to cross this story into a level above what she’s previously peaked at. I love when authors do this
This is giving me QQ vibes as there too we only got the real heroine's perspective of the story like 90 chapters in

Group Leader
Tbh it's kinda funny how this chapter made a bunch of people re-read and not the previous chapter (or maybe they re-read it prev chap but not mentioned it). I'm not raging anymore because like the rest I re-read it after the prev chap and saw that there was hints in the chapters.
I'm looking forward to see how the MC wins in the end (hopefully), but I have no sympathy for Aya still even with this chapter. so now that we're in her arc, I'm not looking forward to reading it.

Pity that the novel is progressing at the same time as the manga, because novel spoilers would really help with knowing whether to continue or to drop the series.

Dex-chan lover
People scr

It's mentioned in ch 17 that they had a rivalry of some sort. Yes, he did tried to get into the school because of Hikari-chan but it's not due to a romantic intention.
Did he tell you that he wasn’t romantic interest in her or are you assuming

Dex-chan lover
People criticise the tonal shift but if this had happened anywhere else like in an action or a mystery series, you'd have ate this shit up 100%.

Yes folks are criticizing the tonal shift b/c it doesn't align w/ genre conventions b/c if they wanted those tonal shifts they'd read those genres.

Last edited:
Did he tell you that he wasn’t romantic interest in her or are you assuming
Chapter 17 page 3/4, and chapter 16 page 2 is the hint going against the ship. Atleast at this point of the story.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
A backstory to a character, regardless if they are liked or not, is always needed yes.

But the way the author went with it in this example is such a huge tonal shift.

"So you know this controversial character?

I am now gonna heavily imply she was sexually abused by her step-dad.

And then she ran way from home, and now sells herself to pedo old men for cash.

This is sure to fit in with the light hearted romcom premise I started with"
Probably she sold herself for cash, but this meeting happened on her stood-up first "date".

Later (earlier chapter-wise) we see her name has changed from Matsushita to Sudou and she has a rich family. So if she DID then she would have stopped.

we need a scene where Ayami and Hikari meet

then Ayami breaks the glass to hurt her hand because she hates it

Dex-chan lover
Do you not know what forgiveness is? Have Japanese media not beat you over head enough about perpetuating the cycle of violence? If Ellie had killed Abby, the little kid would've grown up to hate her and wanted to hunt her down the same way Ellie did Abby and Abby did Joel. And if you didn't notice, Ellie's friends and family died, were mutilated and left her because she was so obsessed with her crusade.
This isn't about Ellie, you have a half decent answer to the completely wrong argument. Like, my point was never about Ellie so not sure why you brought her up. And also my point wasn't about the in universe aspect but instead the out universe audience perception of Abby.

Dex-chan lover
That's a bridge too far. We don't know the context of any of it. Clearly he had wanted to avoid going to the school beforehand.
We don't know why she slapped him. We don't know why she kissed him. We know enough to assume this meeting was unintended from her part, and the emotions of both involved are likely very confused at that moment.
As I recall Ta-kun was reluctant to go to her school and now we know he may have been afraid of running into her there. We don't know WHY they broke up but obviously SHE still liked him.

It occurs to me that maybe they BOTH still love each other but he broke up because he found out about her sugar/compensated dating and felt betrayed. That's perfectly understandable, especially if she was continuing to "date" while they were GF/BF even if it was "one last time".

Users who are viewing this thread