Imiko to Yobareta Shoukanshi

Power Uploader
The art is great. My problem with the story is how the spirits decided that Will-kun should just travel with the Elf and Draph to make sure that they won't spill the secrets of this village. It just seems like such a stupid and dumb decision. It felt like the author had no idea on how to broaden the story so he introduced that Elf and Draph. Besides, why did the MC bring those 2 girls into the village AT ALL? The storyline is just so stupid. The best course of action would be for the spirit village to either use concealment magic (There are a lot of higher spirits in that village, you're telling me that no one knows concealment magic??) or to get overpowered, enough OP to take on a whole country's army or something. They are already at a level where they can just wipe an A rank party, so shouldn't we assume that they have enough power to take on a S rank party?

This could've been Tensura 2.0 with the MC being a lil bit darker than Rimuru, but now it'll turn into the 100th basic, generic power fantasy. Great job, author-san.

@Narha That is not how memory manipulation magic works at all. And its not like they should've used it on all people that entered the forest, just the Elf and the Draph. How would it hurt them for using memory manipulation magic on just 2 people? It wouldn't hurt them at all. Rather than the stupid decision of making Will-kun travel with the Elf and the Draph, they could've just erased any sign of the spirit village from their memories. And do you know that the forest being labelled as dangerous will just attract more strong adventurers who'll come to find strong monsters? If A rank parties start going to that forest and disappear, soon the King will have to summon a marching on that forest, once they find out about spirits, there will be a war.

The MC is bland and really underwhelming. If his prejudice against humans and lack of communication skills because of his upbringing were a larger part of his characterization, he'd actually be more interesting. But for now he's just cold, unsympathetic, and uninteresting.

I like the premise of being raised by spirits, but the first few chapters have not given me a good enough impression to keep reading. The plot is really rushed and quite bad, the writer just made a bullshit excuse to force the MC to get out and adventure.

And the thing is, it didn't have to be this way. If the MC's misanthropy had been more integral to his character (because of his upbringing and his whole 'Shunned Child' backstory), and in the course of his story he'd met some good humans that challenged his beliefs, he would've had a good personal and practical reason to get out of the forest. His family would want him to learn about the outside world hoping he'd develop tolerance for many other species (like what they wanted when they decided to raise him). This would also leave room for the MC's character growth. In this way, we'd have the same overall plot, but it makes a lot more sense and gives some depth to the MC.

Double-page supporter
The art is average. The mc is boring n unoriginal. The biggest problem is the story it feels extremely rushed n unorganized.
The beginning the mc shows hate towards humans but is willing to let them live if they leave his first but that’s quickly thrown out the door n he becomes a full killer.
They then just make up an excuse for him to become an adventure I’m pretty sure due to the author or editor now knowing how to continue the story with the original premise.
I was hoping this would be a fantasy slice of life style manga of just some guy living with spirits but sadly now it’s the same as everything else
But if you want waifus then you can continue the series since it’s a harem n every girl just seems to fall in love with the drywall personality mc

Thanks for the translations. I know it's a trivial complaint, but it bugs me when I see quite in place of quiet. It's quite disturbing, and I just can't keep quiet.

Nothing against power trips but combine that with harem and a mc that's lowkey psychotic and you have a fairly predictable series where everyone is probably gonna be evil unless they're a damsel in distress and everyone else is gonna die. Bit of a snoozer unfortunately cuz I don't think mc is ever gonna have a consistent train of thought. Good example is with the slave traders he could've just assassinated the elf girl and the problem of the spirit connected to her is gone. He had enough stealth to stalk an A rank party just a few chapters ago. Would've been in line with the whole edge theme it opened on. If you're gonna try to make it interesting by him being ruthless you may as well go all the way. Adding harem in just makes it feel like whiplash and a far less interesting and predictable kind of psychotic. Ah well.

Users who are viewing this thread