In an Otome Game World, I’m a Villain?! I Can’t Accept This! - Ch. 4 - Engagement Ceremony

The art is really hurting my eyes somehow...
This doesn't really seem to have an actual storyline but rather a few snapshots of plotpoints...

@Dreiks honestly i thought i was the only one,,, like it burns for some reason && yeah it doesn't seem to have a plot- but it's only chp 4 so maybe there is one??

Dex-chan lover
like, so far so good, but the art is so... awkward or hard to enjoy lol

Though I want to like the art, it just feels... chaotic, like everything is too cramped. The story is a bit too bland with the MC wanting to “change” her fate but she doesn't do anything at all, essentially a bland Bakarina.

....I can honestly say that this is one of the worst "Otoge" manga I've ever read. Why?

1. the art. I dunno how to explain it, but the art and and the background seems to have the same tones/lines strokes, which makes everything kinda blurred together. I actually need to concentrate with every picture just to differentiate which is the characters and which is the background... and that is ridiculous. It's not as if they're bunglons.

2. The story. I do get that the 'capture targets' and 'villainesses' are as cliche as they can be: shiny blond prince, dark haired neat scholar, dark haired strict knight, and even jealous noble ladies... I don't have any problem with that, I read this kind of story because I know that and enjoy it. But... can't they please flesh out the story a little more? Like, in one chapter somehow she met the first ML and somehow went from a hated school rival to really close friends, then at the next chapter she got fastracked into becoming the fiancee of the prince, then in the next chapter she met with the knight and get his knight oath just by bandaging his wound once, and now in this chapter the love rival for the prince somehow and another changed her mind so fast from being jealous to the FL to being supportive and won't accept the prince being engaged to FL if he can't make the FL happy?!?! Like, what the frick is going on. everything went by nonsensely fast and chop the originally already messed up plot into gibberish. I honestly can't understand why and how this story is able to be published. How the heck the editors let this messy storyline get the passing grade to be published?

Dex-chan lover
The way the shading is done in the art is extremely hard to look at. Actually hurting my eyes to read it.

Really wanted MC to tell her to take the prince since she doesn't like him. I hate the fucking prince, he's such a creep.

Thank you for the quick updates!
I feel like this story won't have much angst, which makes me happy
Everyone is literally 12 yo atm, so I appreciate a MC that won't torture people for the sake of it
On the other hand, is it just me or this is going by reaaaally fast? 4 chapters in and we have 3 MLs and 1 BFF? FL? female friend who supports MC?
I need character development, please
Without that, I cannot root for anyone, not even our MC!
I will patiently wait, though ✨

@kucchi-desu
I can't... disagree with you. The writing is a bit awkward, to put it gently. Still, at least the art style is pretty distinct for an otome isekai.
With how low my standards for this genre have gotten, that's more than enough reason to keep this series on my reading list.

Users who are viewing this thread