In the Land of Leadale - Vol. 4 Ch. 17

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter!
Huh, so there are other players?
I still think it's weird that the guy didn't realise that something weird was going on.
Did they try to stop playing the game? How long was he there for?
I hope we get to see her try to talk to him.

Dex-chan lover
She's accepted that this is a real world and this kid committed real murder on real people. He's more powerful than 99% of people and now mentally unstable. She made a decision
It's basically a "Of Mice and Men" Lennie situation. He's extremely powerful and a huge risk to society, but he is just a kid. Personally I think not killing him was the right decision, because he didn't realize it was reality and not a game. Also with his stats reduced by 1/10th he should be able to be handled by the authorities.

Dex-chan lover
Some people might see it as harsh but having a super human in this world that can just kill without remorse could be more dangerous down the line so killing him before he goes down that path might be better in the long run

and for anyone asking how come she doesn't just put the collar on him from the start and leave him to the people, she doesn't know if there are magic to unlock it down the line and for her its better safe than sorry kinda situation

Its Grey when it comes down to it

Dex-chan lover
The fact that she didn't kill that PoS when she had the chance means that he's going to be a huge problem in the future. She should wipe out these knights and her own granddaughter for their incompetence.
You have issues... you actually want her to murder her own granddaughter.... -_-
Some people might see it as harsh but having a super human in this world that can just kill without remorse could be more dangerous down the line so killing him before he goes down that path might be better in the long run

and for anyone asking how come she doesn't just put the collar on him from the start and leave him to the people, she doesn't know if there are magic to unlock it down the line and for her its better safe than sorry kinda situation

Its Grey when it comes down to it
But they can also use him.

For instance, knowing it's real could change how he acts and he could instead just be an extra protector...

Dex-chan lover
The fact that she didn't kill that PoS when she had the chance means that he's going to be a huge problem in the future.
I know, right?
They-re-all-idiots.gif

She should wipe out these knights and her own granddaughter for their incompetence.
ted-lasso-whats-wrong-with-you.gif

Dex-chan lover
because he didn't realize it was reality and not a game
So clinical sociopaths and psychopaths who commit mass murder like Bundy and Dahmer should be forgiven and let go because they mentally didn't process what they were doing was evil.

Got it.

This kid should have been killed on the spot. This is practical, not emotional though. Because no jail exists that can hold him. He exists outside the scope of punishment. And at best, he'll be tortured then burned at the stake for being a bandit. A clean death would have been the "kindest" she could have done "for a fellow Japanese".

But since vast majority of JP are horribly xenophobic including authors (this isn't a stereotype, it's factual; go there as a black person and ride a train) they somehow use weirdo logic to excuse their own human rights violations, without introspection/retrospection -- even in fiction. (I won't cite examples, since they are a bit crass, but IIRC there was that one nationalistic author that went too far and got the LN/Manga/Anime cancelled.)

I despise "allies jumping in the way to save the villain" trope. It's like they completely ignored and forgot Mai-Mai's warning 10s later. This entire arc sort of rubs me the wrong way; I hope the LN did a better job explaining it, and manga just glossed over it for mass-market publication sanitization.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter,
soo the child stated that for sometime he feels more pain then usual, wouldnt that imply that he was in regular pain before the game thing happend?
also why would gms have such an item? when you normaly act like an ass or cheat in a mmo, you simply get temp or perma banned. i dont see the reason for the collar to exist as an gm item o_O

Dex-chan lover
Her Great Grandchild clearly belive in blind Justice.
Canya just want to give him quick end rather than something that may or may not work

Users who are viewing this thread