In the Mood for Love

He is so cool.
I wish more shoujo series had a male MC like this. Not a wimp, but not too aggressive/borderline psycho.

This is gonna be awesome. I was surprised with that black belt guy Omg

Manhwas honestly are dealing with some next level stuff! Sexual harassment; internalized misogyny; victim blaming; perils of strict age hierarchies- and this is just within the first few chapters 😍 Sooo excited to see how this develops!

I'm glad to see a series dealing with "controversial" topics. Also glad that most people are on the MC's side, but it's realistic that everyone isn't. I think the MC is quite unique with her outward appearance contrasted to her severe anxiety, and past trauma. The art is mostly good but sometimes a bit odd with lips. Both the male leads are likable too.

@BloodCoveredAngel classic body dysmorphic gangnam unnie look
1510878654518.jpg.f83bac72ecd9bfd8f53b58d26eab3be0.jpg

Dex-chan lover
@ch0si Whoa. That is oddly frightening. It's like beauty, but weirdly dissonant, just somehow wrong.
I feel like there's something oddly decadent about Seoul culture (well, as reflected in webtoons). It's like there's an obsession with getting ahead, but always in fashion or idol-type showbiz or some kind of superficial looks-oriented thing like that.

@Purplelibraryguy High social standard and expectations is the cause of that. And current social media didn't help bc these girls usually follow the same type of girls with plastic surgery and extreme photoshop. Their pic usually look so uncanny valley with extreme skin smoothing , even edit their body to unachievable shapes. It's scary bc they believe they look good and the compliments only enables them.

What concern me, this 'standard' has been bleeds to other media like webtoon and manhwa. It's ironic knowing these are started bc some girls think that ppl in manga/manhwa is cute and try to emulate them IRL, now looking at this webtoon artstyle it's the other way around.

Dex-chan lover
@ch0si Yeah. Well, I guess there's a biological basis of sorts. People consistently associate "cute" with characteristics associated with babies--large eyes, kind of flat faces etc. People perceiving babies as cute is good for the species, helps us protect the little buggers. And even when it bleeds over into other social perceptions, that probably wasn't a huge deal back in the day--not like there was much anyone could do about it. But now, technology helps amplify people's insecurities and change themselves to match, it all gets a bit worrisome.

i really do enjoy this and the art. its new and beautiful to me, can't wait to read the next chapters

I really like this story! I think this is a pretty accurate representation of society and its current culture in calling out and harassing people online and in person. The comments made by the "netizens" are pretty accurate to what we see today tbh.

Also, Shin Saegi's face reminds me a lot of Park Jimin from BTS for some reason

this series is GOLD.
Clothes doesn't define someone's personality.

Users who are viewing this thread