Internet Explorer: Chapters won't load (2) :rejected: :rejected: :rejected: :rejected: :rejected: :rejected: :rejected: :rejected: :rejected: :rejecte

Status
Not open for further replies.
The old thread was closed...
So that's it? No fix, no legacy reader, no workaround, nothing? Do I really have to search for another site again?

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@Tripple-A Stop using Internet Explorer.

There's already been a workaround put in place for the new reader functionality, and IE can't figure that out either.
IE has been effectively EOL since 2015, and it's been officially dead since 2015.

Stop using it.

what are you even using that requires you to only be able to use internet explorer? either this is a major joke or you haven't updated since around 2005. does chrome just not exist to you?

Fed-Kun's army
If I can give you a suggestion if you want there is firefox, it doesn't eat ram unlike chrome or at least it doesn't seem to me.
I like it very well, it is updated regularly. :)

@Ifrittuccia FF is at least better than Chrome, but I was never a fan of it.

@BraveDude8 Does it matter? It's the browser I always use, for almost 15years now, it's the one I'm used to and the one I want to continue to use.

Staff
Super Moderator
@Tripple-A Yes, because we're far from the first site to break on IE and we won't be the last.
You can't hold onto obsolete software forever.

@BraveDude8
Well I'll rather use a different site then. Most sites work without a problem, though the sites themself aren't as good as mangadex but that's less of an annoyance than a having to use a different browser.

Staff
Super Moderator
@Tripple-A Sure, or you could switch to a modern, supported browser. That'd be a lot easier.

Microsoft replaced internet explorer themselves. If you want to be OG why don’t you use Opera? Fake fan isn’t even using the longest running web browser smh

Dex-chan lover
I find it funny people are like "I'm gonna go to another site", then 8/10 times they continue to stay, complaining about everything as much as possible, especially new changes, as if MD is some kind of business that has to desperately hold on to its readers/users.

@BraveDude8
Well that is a rather low standard.
And while I may be the only IE user here, there are other people who also have problems thanks to the latest update, but I guess you can tell them to use a different browser too...

Double-page supporter
> Fake fan isn’t even using the longest running web browser smh

Does couple month really matter? BTW Lynx is still alive and it's 3 years older :p

Staff
Super Moderator
@Tripple-A If they're using obsolete browsers? Absolutely. IE is too busted to work even with the compatibility fix we pushed out for people like the Firefox 56 holdouts, there is nothing more we can do about it.

And again - obsolete browser, don't care. It's your choice to fuck yourself over here. Don't blame us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread