Internet Explorer: Chapters won't load (2) :rejected: :rejected: :rejected: :rejected: :rejected: :rejected: :rejected: :rejected: :rejected: :rejecte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Group Leader
It's a manga website, so you'll have the best performance if you use a Japanese browser.

Double-page supporter
LOL does "rejected" counter increases with every BD8's post? o_O

Dex-chan lover
If the browser is the problem, it's unreasonable to demand the mods/devs to bend your way because you insist on using that browser, especially an obsolete one that even MS no longer supports.

I will give you another real example with Chrome mobile here.
I used to use it a lot, however, it has a problem with ao3 (a fanfiction site that has no complicated scripts or ads, can run adblock or 3rd-party blocks on that site without any problems) where if it loads a fanfic with more than 30k words, it would freeze and crash. For 2 long years from 2017 to 2019 , I have constantly sent feedback to Chrome/Google asking them to look into it because literally no other browsers, even Samsung stock browser, have that problem with ao3. At the time I was like "Eh like Chrome, UI is nice, don't want to use multiple browsers etc" so I hung onto it. Finally in 2019 I decided to send an email to ao3 talking about this problem, and they admit that they tried but some versions of Chrome (especially bloatware that came with the phone like mine) somehow just clash with their coding and they can't do anything about it, fixed 1 another update from Chrome ruined it again. Combined with the fact in 2019, Chrome mobile disabled/removed the flags that let me hide news articles and ads from Chrome, so I switched over to another browser, and don't bother with Chrome again.

Dex-chan lover
@tripple-a IE isnt gonna be getting security updates, you are just opening yourself up to viruses and the like. Move on. There are plenty of choices from as mention firefox to chromium (chrome eithout google stuff)

Newer browsers are much better, multiprocess makes full crashes rare and loads pages much faster by utilizing your processor better.

Group Leader
I agree with OP, I also don't understand why the admins don't support reading via flash player given that it is a promising up and coming technology.

Internet Explorer and old Edge are no longer supported or receiving security updates. No one can in good conscience support the use IE.

IE 11 is 8 years old, web developers over the last few years wouldn't even support it without doubling the cost of the project. Not only is it old, unsupported, and insecure, it's missing support for a ton of CSS, HTML, and JavaScript features. This make development harder and doesn't take advantage on any of the optimizations that the newer features give. When I say "newer" I mean a ton of features from the last 5 years that it doesn't support.

Using IE and demanding people support it is like demanding gas stations to support a wood boiler steam car. The world has moved on and you can stick to your guns, but you can't expect anyone to give a care in the world about your foolish stubbornness.

BTW Lynx is still alive and it's 3 years older

True, but no one using a text-based browser expects to view images, much less video or anything else. lol

Dex-chan lover
LOL does "rejected" counter increases with every BD8's post? o_O
Was just thinking the same thing. I'd like to see what the maximum number of tags on a thread can be.
I agree with OP, I also don't understand why the admins don't support reading via flash player given that it is a promising up and coming technology.
MK2Tx2cm.png

@Tripple-A
I do understand where you're coming from, OP. I've been driving the same car for years now, and I intend to drive it until it workn't. Driving other cars just doesn't feel the same.

But if someday it turned out that my car's mileage was fucking my wallet, or it wasn't fit to drive on specific roads (unlikely but I'm trying to find a better analogy), then I'd be excessively hardheaded if I didn't consider a replacement.

A car isn't the exact same as a free browser of course, but the point is that people are averse to change. It often even takes an inevitable change (like I.E. flat out breaking completely) for people to realize that alternatives aren't as bad as they once thought. Tbh I think that if you make a commitment to exclusively use Firefox or Opera for two weeks, you'll find that switching isn't nearly as big of a deal as you once thought. But if you want to stick to I.E., then do so I guess.

Group Leader
Copypastas of my previous post (with slight edit) ...

Tripple-A posted:
... and doesn't eat a shit ton of RAM like Chrome.
Try this
Opera GX, the browser of gamers ...
https://www.opera.com/gx#ram-cpu-limiters
They're pretty confident with their RAM-CPU limiter capabilities.

I'm using GChrome, though. My old lad potato Windows 7 of 2GHz Core2Duo with 2 gigs + (recently bought) 2 gigs of DDR2 RAM and 8 gigs of virtual memory paging on drive C of 250 HDD, works fine with the latest Chrome (with 15 running extensions), Photoshop CC (Portable (pirated)), MusicBee, and VLC simultaneously.

I'm assuming your thing is higher than mine since you're using Windows 10. So, please, it doesn't hurt to move on from IE. Not forcing you, though. We all got preference, or so I've heard.

EDIT 4:
p.s. One of those 15 extensions is Grammar and Spell Checker. Blame that if you think my English suck.

For goodness’ sake, stop supporting IE!​

Also lol,
:rejected: 11x

Fed-Kun's army
@Tripple-A I understand you, I too have used internet explorer for a long time but I got to the point that it gave me too many problems.
I personally recommend you give firefox a chance, this site won't be the only one not to support it in the future.

@Bentoki Excuse the question but am I wrong or has Flash Player been officially closed?
I remembered so, if I'm wrong please correct me. 😅

Contributor
It is also entirely possible the op is running an extremely old computer, with what be now considered outdated os, especially considering one of his main concerns is ram use of a program.

Power Uploader
It's the browser I always use, for almost 15years now, it's the one I'm used to and the one I want to continue to use.
It doesn't mean that if you use a browser for 15 years you can't change, the world change, some applications get obsolete, and they don't need to have support to an obsolete browser.

The number of rejected tag is pretty impressive

Impressive.
The device you use to browse must be filled with all sorts of fun stuff™️.

Dex-chan lover
You're not doing any banking or any other high-security tasks on IE are you?

IE is too busted to work even with the compatibility fix we pushed out for people like the Firefox 56 holdouts, there is nothing more we can do about it.

The issue occurred across several different Firefox versions. I remember seeing mention of a v86 affected.

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@Samhill The only issue that was absolutely related to old Firefox was v56 and prior not supporting AbortController, which is fixed via polyfill now. Anything else, afaik, wasn't directly the fault of Firefox. Addons, ISP issues, etc.

Dex-chan lover
@BraveDude8 I have v78 and I was affected and it wasn't my uMatrix or uBlock. After the fix was pushed it worked again without effort on my part.

Dex-chan lover
@BraveDude8 Somehow, after the fix, things went back to normal. I have no other explanation. Everything I tried during the event did nothing. The fix was pushed and everything worked. You're telling that was coincidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread