Interview #2: _anq

I'm very thankful for all your hard work and read many of your translated works. I appreciate you!

Group Leader
@Anoon2323

I like redrawing the most. It's tedious, but far more relaxing than any other aspect of scanlating. With that being said, none of the stuff I've worked on were particularly difficult to redraw. There definitely are a lot of text over drawings, but it's more often than not simple screentones. Anjou-san was an exception, since practically every chapter had at least one page where all the bubbles were transparent, but they honestly weren't that bad.

I usually try to do it in detail, but since I'm a solo scanlator, I do have the perk of knowing where I can take a shortcut, since I decide where and how the text is placed. I try to avoid that in general, though. I want to feel proud of what I produce.

Contributor
If you were to get isekai'd, how long would you curse truck-kun?

Dex-chan lover
@_anq I just wanna thank you for all the work you put out so quickly. I think a lot of people including myself very quickly got hooked on Ani no Yome with how strong of a SoL/Drama series it is. I even wrote in one of the chapters comments about a mistake where it had uploaded the same page twice and you quickly fixed it (Which I think is cool with how quick you work! :) ).

My question would then be have you thought about doing more SoL work for series either being dropped early on or not getting worked on after a few chapters. Kinda like "Udon_no_Kuni_no_Kiniro_Kemari" Or since Mangadex now have a poll system in, maybe do a poll for some manga you plan on scanlating and seeing what people are perhaps interresed in first?

Anyway big love and thanks for your honest and hard work! :)

Group Leader
@Hounder

I don't think that's quite possible. I doubt truck-kun could reach an iceberg in Antarctica.

@kraize

Yes, I'm always looking for more works to translate. I prefer to ask people to PM me what they want me to check out, since ultimately I decide what I want to translate. So a poll wouldn't really work since the number of votes a series gets wouldn't really affect my decision ?

is a Reindeer
VIP
How tall are you? How much do you weigh? What are your three measurements? What's your favorite food? Do you prefer dipping your fries in sauce or drizzling them beforehand?

Group Leader
@421cookies

Someone asked me that on the Reddit thread, and I did indeed say it was Pingu in the City. You know me well :)

*wheeze*
You should answer Plykiya's question, if you answer that, maybe you will get your own fangirls!

@_anq
What inspired you to work fast? The happiness of the reader? Support from reader?

Contributor
Kasane ended recently. If you read it whole, was ending good/satisfying?

Hi _anq, your new project It's Not Meguro-san's First Time, has a main character who is kinda similar to mc from yancha gal but female character is completely different ( passive and without her own will). Who do you think is the better pair out of them?
P.S. What are your favorite male and female characters (not only from the series you scanlated) as well as best couples?

A fellow penguin of fine taste, I see: (My signed copy of Vol2 of Kasane from Daruma-sensei)
6XuZCRi.jpg

Also obligatory NOOT NOOT

@Aereus
Lucky you..
I'm still stuck in volume 7, there is no further news about the next volume in my country.

@Jaegrqualm I also get a small smirk out of Act-Age current arc also being about Night on the Galactic Railroad (One of Kasane's early arcs has the same play). Which I've been pleasantly surprised about that series. I love the art style and it's rare to see a drama and female-protagonist being strong in rankings for Jump. Especially being about something as dry as acting.

Yonagi is OLEV
act_age_1.jpg

>(The real answer here is Yuu from ‘Ane Naru Mono’. Don’t ask why. You know the answer.)

Man of culture. Big tits onee chan is best

Thank you for working on Cigarette & Cherry. It's just as good as I was hoping after seeing the first 1-2 chapters awhile ago.

Users who are viewing this thread