IRIS - Lady with a Smartphone - Ch. 16

I give you guys double updates....
But.... the author.... still wants to give everyone a cliff. 😂🤷🏻‍♀️

Supporter
@NEly Man, tell them how you are serious about your job, how you even do productive tasks as hobby (translating) and how living with your cat polished your social skills (Ok, maybe omit that last one XD) but send them something ASAP!!
Many thanks for the chapter nevertheless!

Funny how the comments turned out talking about job interviews and whatnot xD That e-mail they're requesting is quite unreasonable. How would you know, if you don't know the other candidates? Do they want you to beg for a job? Very unpleasant. Say, there's tons of valuable info on askamanager . org check it out.
And thank you for the chapter! Iris doesn't look too worried, though. Dunno, her facial expressions seem limited at the moment. I wonder what happens when she meets Duke Valenciaga next time. Also, she keeps worrying about her little brother and wants info on him, but never asks??? Whaaaat-?

why is so many people in this story a snake hiding inside the grass? Seriously.

@Pocky8 they asked this from all the other candidates as well. 😂 i have 11 hours to make something up.

mrf

@NEly
I guessed the author really love teasing people eh? I was about to say you done it again, leaving me in the cliff with this story.
Thanks for the tl

@NEly, sorry I don't know how to @mention properly here... Anyway. That just shows how unreasonable and ancient their hiring practices are. Makes you wonder if they'd be so backwards about other things in the company, once you start working for them, huh...?

ANYWAY. I should be writing. Not reading. But I couldn't help myself and check the new chapter.

Dex-chan lover
thks for the chapters, i was worried the maid did something to the dress like cut the threads so it would fall apart in the middle of the party but it looks like they wanted to frame her as an assassin with that knife, yikes

Dex-chan lover
@NEly if the company is mid-big, usually the phrase 'i can make your company some money' will make you hired as long as there's no obvious red flag.

don't give them the 'i would like to grow myself in your company' or 'i'd like to learn from the best', etc etc. the company exist to make some moolah. not to school young employee(except if this is small-mid sized company). you have to really drive the fact that you can be useful for them.

anyway,that's what got me my last job. but working in a large comany is hell though. too many office politics. i quit after 2 years.

hope this helps you.

@HuevoPodrido that would help. but again, if you're aiming for a big company, 95% of the time, office politics is the road to success. my own experience, as long as you have the bare minimum of skill, but great relationship with the higher-up, you will get that promotion. but they will expect some of your raise to be allocated to them(gift etc). if not, your career might stop after the 1st promotion.

FYI, i loathe workplace politics. not that i'm unsociable. just not ass-kissing. in my last workplace, i should've went for promotion 2 times. both times, the subject for promotion is changed at last minute. and the 2nd time is even more ridiculous.
click if you don't mind me ranting
so i worked at a cruise ship as a chef. started as commis 2. in my kitchen, there's 5 people. 1 CDP(like the manager for kitchen), 2 commis 1(vice-manager) and 2 commis 2(employee). divided into 2 section. the hot and the cold.

the hot section is comprised of the CDP, 1 commis 1, and me. i was notified at april that the commis 1 is gonna go home(dunno if he'll be back) in june. the CDP told me i'd become the commis 1. so i learned all that could be learned from him(outside working hour). come mid-may, the sous-chef(responsible for multiple restaurant. kinda like vice president?) told me that other people will replace the commis 1. the crazy thing is, the one he assigned is scheduled to go home the exact same day as my commis 1.

end result? the sous chef took another CDP and put him in the commis 1 position, with no training whatsoever because, surprise2, the one who's been given training is going home. and i have to pick up the slack. taught the guy even though he's above me in position.

and don't get me started with the other case pls :p

Dex-chan lover
@NEly As always thanks for the episode. Love your way of more personal translating.

Good luck with writing the e-mail, but I always found so irritating this type of job interviews. Why choose me? Uhhhhhmmm you have my CV everything is up there. My main reason for job hunting? Uhhhhmmm I want to have money to have something to eat? So stupid and everybody know how stupid it is.

But you definitely should mention translating as your hobby it looks 'productive' and 'useful' (another stupid term). Just maybe don't mention what exactly you are translating as some old folks would look down at you for manhwa as an interest.

@NEly I just wanted to say thank you translation lady! I just started reading this series today and having a blast with it and I also enjoy your little updates about your cats or interview stuff 😄

Dex-chan lover
NEly, Korean and Chinese authors are Gods at making sure there are cliffhangers at the end of every single chapter to make sure people read the next one. It is infuriating as all hell, but it is what has worked for them so they stick to it, instead of making sure their stories are interesting. Luckily this is both so keep up the good work.

@AngryFerret She definitely shouldn't mention what she translates, since translating something without the rights to it is illegal.

Dex-chan lover
@Chet31 True but I don't think anybody would mind that and delve into details. Especially,as she does it nonprofit

Dex-chan lover
Thifa: Because this is a Korean series, and both in Korean Manhwa or Chinese Manhua, except a few characters (who are generally the most beautiful or good looking characters, especially the guys opposite of FMC), the rest are all like that.

Aggregator gang
@NEly get comfortable embellishing yourself because the other people applying for the job are already doing it.

Fed-Kun's army
@NEly. I also had and have a really hard time selling myself. Thing is that no one can do that for you and unless someone knows how could they know to hire you. Even at the most basic level that sorta email weeds out people who are not enthusiastic about the job .

Good luck took me a long while to come to terms with it but because I did in in. A pretty decent position compared to before . Sweet wheel gets the oil and all that

Users who are viewing this thread