is anyone else completely out of the loop from everything?

I NEED to know if there are others like me. To start, I like to waste my time, and thusly my life. Second of all I am a certified NEET. I smoke a lot of weed. I watch a lot of anime and read a lot of manga. I also play a lot of video games and read a lot of hentai. But thats literally it, i have no fucking idea whats happening outside of my little manhole. I dont have discord or any social media. I don't know any conflicts or scandals happening IRL, i never had any online friends and i dont like multiplayer. I feel so out of touch from everything, it doesnt help that i am very stupid too and very autistic. I am a lurker in online forums and still dont bother interacting with people online. I dont play the popular games and i dont watch mainstream anime. It's like im in my own universe most of the time, and everytime i interact with anything conventional at all, its very obvious to myself i am out of the loop from everything. Is there more people out there who are extremely isolated from literally everything? Complete loners? Sorry to shitpost i am kinda stoned

MD@Home
I NEED to know if there are others like me. To start, I like to waste my time, and thusly my life. Second of all I am a certified NEET. I smoke a lot of weed. I watch a lot of anime and read a lot of manga. I also play a lot of video games and read a lot of hentai. But thats literally it, i have no fucking idea whats happening outside of my little manhole. I dont have discord or any social media. I don't know any conflicts or scandals happening IRL, i never had any online friends and i dont like multiplayer. I feel so out of touch from everything, it doesnt help that i am very stupid too and very autistic. I am a lurker in online forums and still dont bother interacting with people online. I dont play the popular games and i dont watch mainstream anime. It's like im in my own universe most of the time, and everytime i interact with anything conventional at all, its very obvious to myself i am out of the loop from everything. Is there more people out there who are extremely isolated from literally everything? Complete loners? Sorry to shitpost i am kinda stoned
I'm somewhat like that. My level of involvement and awareness with my surroundings changes over time, but it's almost always very low.

Some differences. No weed. Have a few IRL friends that I interact with occasionaly. Use some social media, but deleted Twitter and Reddit to preserve my mental health. I don't really play games or watch anime anymore. Mostly just watch Youtube, read manga and sleep unless I'm in the mood for something IRL. I recently subscribed to an RSS feed from a national newspaper so I would have some idea of what was happening around me. It took me a while to find a news outlet with a bias that didn't annoy me too much.

If you ever get bored of being at home all the time and want to talk to people for a few hours, I suggest you try some volunteer work. Low commitment, low interaction with a level of work input to suit your needs.

Dex-chan lover
Unironically get a manual job and go to a religious community.

One gets you moving and a structured lifestyle with commitments - basically paid gym.

Other gets you thinking whether you find the meaning of life or repulsed by it atleast you are engaging your mind. Philosophy is similar but in religion someone else has spent time answering relevant questions so you arent just stuck.

And both get you more social exp with a larger range of cast that aren't hidden with a veil of anonymity

MD@Home
Unironically get a manual job and go to a religious community.

One gets you moving and a structured lifestyle with commitments - basically paid gym.

Other gets you thinking whether you find the meaning of life or repulsed by it atleast you are engaging your mind. Philosophy is similar but in religion someone else has spent time answering relevant questions so you arent just stuck.

And both get you more social exp with a larger range of cast that aren't hidden with a veil of anonymity
Yep. I started out by doing a few hours of volunteering per week at a community garden and slowly built up my endurance.

A low risk way to get a feel for being out of the house and doing something physical again.

is a Reindeer
VIP
you shouldn't feel bad for playing non-mainstream games or watching niche anime

they have to exist somehow, which means there are also other people out there who do enough of the same to support those kinds of things existing

Dex-chan lover
you shouldn't feel bad for playing non-mainstream games or watching niche anime
I don't think that's their problem, it's not like playing mainstream games or watching Naruto would fix their problems either

Kinda, have barely left my room in the past few years. Feels like my brain is dulling from the lack of new stimulation. But I have friends who drag me out every few months.

If it's possible you should get a pet honestly. Or a plant even, bring touching(!) grass into your home. I've literally researched this. Whether it's from a plant, animal or human, same oxytocin.

To be in the loop, you probably need life to touch you in some way. Like, how do I know what's going on, if it hasn't happened to me? Or if somebody hasn't told me about it? Also, are you really so disconnected as you think? Sometimes I feel like an alien but when I finally see my friend it's like... oh I'm normal and I was stuck in my head. But my friend is on the same wavelength. Maybe it's your environment/ people around you that are out of the loop with you?

I have seen other communities of people like you. I think uboachan or lainchan has boards for neets, though little used. Not particularly keen on giving unwanted advice on how to solve your situation since I don't know if it is an issue for you. Somebody above recommended manual labor and I recommend it; it's good to get you out of that loop. But otherwise, do consider: is it worth it being 'in the loop'?

Here's a blogpost on the matter.

Group Leader
if im being honest with you me too actually in a loop. work, study, sleep, repeat. but i have forums now so its not getting monoton and ive been reading alot mangoes since forum is up thanks to staff and jannies. but i wish for you to find a new one like exercise or something

Dex-chan lover
i know what loop i'm in...

FiquJUkUYAA7HNL.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Pretty comfy lifestyle, not having to worry about stuff, but try to maintain (or improve) your physical health.Walking and doing bodyweight exercise is free and if your place is a crime ridden area try save up some weed money for a treadmill or those ab rollers.Dumbbells are apparently crazy expensive now compared to 1-2 years ago but maybe I'm out of loop for that one.

Users who are viewing this thread