Is It Tough Being a Friend? - Vol. 2 Ch. 8

@xyzzy
It's a harem where the protagonist is trying hard AF to get the hell out.

Until the half part of vol.6 it's pretty clear the only one the has romantic feelings for is Ryuuga, though the one closer to the finishing line is one of the apostles. And some other things makes me believe that his "love at first sight" when he saw Ryuuga was not just his friend senses activating, he really fell in love the first time.

It's a pity, I really like the sword girl.

This story is playing with the old urban fantasy-adventure harem tropes, from way before the isekai boom and magical school boom that came before the isekais.
The genre it is parodying fell out of popularity 15-20 years ago when the magical school genre became the new trend.

Dex-chan lover
@Rafaelrgm You missed what I wrote. Yes, the title makes sense. However, the plot line is still extremely transparent and predictable. We basically know what will happen in the future.

@comeonnow0
Well, I won't deny some predictability, since it's based off an old genre and revisit some old tropes.
But the way the tropes are used still is pretty entertaining. It's like a nostalgic flashback to the old manga/anime/novels, but with some little twists that make it more fun.

Also, at least until vol.6 some old tropes did appear, but the way it was dealt with was pretty entertaining. Sometimes with Kobayashi activelly trying to make tropes happen just to get an result completely different or being disappointed. Also him having to reflect on his own distorted views of the world and how he keeps forcefully imposing them onto others. Having to deal with the fact that his feelings and his his ideals don't match etc...
It's quite an entertaining story on its own, and even more entertaining when you're used to the old tropes and clichés from years and years ago.

Dex-chan lover
Ok i hated his perverted persona but now that he doesn't need to use it, the series starting to become real funny

Yeah mc, don’t you just hate it when you accidentally make all the girls fall for you? Fricking hate it when it happens yeah?

Lucky ungrateful bastard 0^0

Aggregator gang
Holy shit he is getting forced into the MC role

Which makes sense since he is LITERALLY the MC

How can such a chad fight against fate, Ill never be half the man he is...

Dex-chan lover
So he is slowly but surly evolving from Side to main character huh. Somone forgot pressing the b buttom.

And funy thre best Harem main Character is a character who dosnt want to be the main character. I realy like this way of story telling somhow.

Dex-chan lover
Can anyone who read the ln tell me does it cram so many references in like the manga?
Reading those is half the fun tbh.

Supporter
mission failed successfully

also lol at the bad cooking used on the butler becoming part of the plot

Dex-chan lover
joke is hilarious, but i'm tired of fanservice.

btw, the artist is really great at making hilarious expression(though that is basic skill for mangaka)

Somehow, it feels to me like Kobayashi is some kind of parasite or something. You know, like he is parasitizing on 'MC' roles, by playing a supporting role and is obtaining some kind of satisfaction. Hmm, I don't really know how to describe my thoughts.

@ransuko not a parasite but more of a symbiotic relationship where both sides benefit. Kobayashi benefits as he is satisfied with what he does and sees it as his life purpose. While the MC roles shine and get any comedic or mental relief from having a friend. Infact you said it yourself a supporting role. Though what you might be feeling is feeling bad for the MC roles as there only friend is partially all an act or you are disgusted by how his actions aren't always genuine.

"Please direct further inquiries to another department" LOL HAHAH
dang, unlike the MC gender reveal, this was something I was definitely expecting. A mob character being the MC of a manga means that he's probably going to be getting the girls to like him instead at some point. Still a great manga though

Ryuuga may be the MC for a shounen manga but our boy here is the MC of a hatem manga apparently lmao

Users who are viewing this thread