is there any software made specifically for scanlations works ?

So what software people usually use for editing manga comfortably ?
is there any specific software that made mainly made for it or ?

I usually just use photoshop for most of my graphical works but recently i've been thinking to make one scanlations for a title here because there isn't "Indonesian" translation anywhere for this manga and i want to contirbute for this title for promoting the author works and encourage people to buy this manga, so i'm wondering is there any software to do these job specifically especially the editing and redrawing ?

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
Photoshop is pretty much the best thing you can use, so if you already have it, use it.

Power Uploader
I use Picsay Pro on a phone because it's so simple and fast. And on pc, i use Photoshop.

Group Leader
Have been using Gimp for the last few years. Works pretty well. I've seen multiple projects that did try and do things specifically for manga redrawing. I remember finding a site that was supposed to detect Japanese text and translate it automatically while also typesetting it. It kinda works.

I'd say just stick with Photoshop.

Oh there was also a tool I found on Github that used AI or something to detect Japanese text and automatically remove and redraw it.

Group Leader
I use Paint.net, but it's pretty finicky and complicated to do even simple things, so I guess use photoshop if you have experience in it

Well to be honest, I researched a brand new website that helped me want to understand how to translate other manga stories (or webtoon) the better, it is called papertrue.

In this website -https://www.papertrue.com/ any manga scanlators that wants to become professional in translating multiple languages like Spanish or Japanese for example this software here can easily guide users on how to use it although this type of software is only available for typesetters (proofreading employees).

Wanting to redrawing something however I suggest using these as they may provide some changes for all scanlators that's experiencing difficulty to edit and redraw page by page:

ibisPaint (iPad/iPhone/Android)

Clip Studio Paint (Windows/macOS/iPad/iPhone/Android)

Adobe Photoshop Sketch
(Windows/macOS/iPad/Iphone/Android)

I hope my idea maybe a huge change for every manga scanlators out there.

Users who are viewing this thread