Iseikai Tensei - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - Where Memories Lies

Holy shit this is awesome, and I'm super happy they didn't make his "new body" look like a human.

Dex-chan lover
@Euro_PURO Ah, a fellow member of the "we hate (I wasn't that human-like but later on I gain a human body, thus throwing 100% of my cool design away to the garbage bin) gang"

Dex-chan lover
With just that sword the Hero is pretty strong.
There's not much visual difference between his old and new body. Meh

Double-page supporter
Glad he doesn't transform into generic looking boy

Aggregator gang
Holy shit this is awesome, and I'm super happy they didn't make his "new body" look like a human.
The opening shadow shows that it's a human body though, probably the one in the tank, he seems to be camouflaging it to his previous body design

Dex-chan lover
damn this is awesome
and i suppose he will used human form/skin for camouflage

Double-page supporter
I wasn’t expecting him to find out for like 4 whole story arcs or 20 or so more chapters

this makes my head hurt by looking at the possibility
did his mom just travel to planet rewrite life and see the possibility of that world can survive
this makes me doubt that his mother is a former human

@Foxhound87 What her mom did was that she destroyed Earth, placed her son in deep sleep and remade Earth to this. So it is still Earth but different, think of Planet of the Apes but with humans and demons and magic.

Dex-chan lover
@suzubelle

Pretty sure that the mother just repopulated the world fantasy style while telling him that he's moving to a different one.

Supporter
O daaamn, so mom sent him on a sleeping trip just to return to earth after whatever she wanted to do was finished...

Fed-Kun's army
It's good that the new body isn't overly human.

I just read these first three chapters, but the real joke of the title took a minute of reflection to set in. "Isekai Tensei" sounds incredibly generic, meaning essentially "Otherworld Reincarnation", but in this case, it's the world itself (Earth) that has been reincarnated/remade into a fantasy world. Kinda clever. And now I see from other comments on the series that I misread the title, and that it's "Iseikai Tensei" and uses the kanji for star/planet, usually read as "hoshi", but read as "sei" this time and actually uses that same kanji in "tensei". Even more clever.

Curious if the mother uploaded her brain to a machine or if she actually died in the intervening 50k years. Logistically, altering her form into something long lived makes more sense if she wants to guide the remade world into something viable, but even if she did, that doesn't necessarily mean there's anything left now.

Users who are viewing this thread