Isekai Cheat Magician

@Kobester11 If you stop updating a series for a few months you can't really call it "sniping" anymore. From a readers point of view you stopped working on the series and another group picked it up again.

Power Uploader
@LaloSama
Yeah, and I'm okay with that. I didn't even know there was a chapter 0. But you still did chapter 7.

@Senor_chang
Sniping is when you release without asking the previous group if they dropped it or not. I didn't get any DM or email about it.

@Kobester11 My point was that after doing nothing with a project for months without any sort of comment it can be considered dropped even without asking.
I realize that my comments sound pretty entitled, but don't get me wrong I appreciate the work you do to give us releases.

Group Leader
@Kobester11

Biamam removed this series from their list of active projects on their website, and hasn't touched it in three months. That isn't sniping. That's picking up a dropped series.

@ LaloSama The manga is the property of the mangaka/Japanese publisher. The only thing you could really claim to be fan made is the translation.

Group Leader
@Urabask well yeah, that's what I was trying to say, we just translate manga as a hobby :>
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Sad that still no new chapters in the raw. (still stuck at 15 chapters for 3 months now)

Dex-chan lover
Oh, look who decided to restart translating this series again now that another group picked it up after it was abandoned for months... Funny that.

If you guys read the rules, what's happening here is actually, by definition, sniping (if Biamam scans has actually enacted upload restrictions for this series). See rule #2.3 and #2.4. @brykanst

Though, I feel with the rest of you, I'd rather not want him to point fingers and cry as soon as it got sniped. There shouldn't be upload restrictions if the scanlator is lazy, and only begins working on the chapters as soon as someone else "steals" his job.

The current rules are kind of... lenient... on scanlators right now, in my opinion. (Regarding this exact issue!)

Ignore all that, my reading apprehension regarding these rules is piss-poor.

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@JakeRay The rules you cited have nothing to do with sniping. The script is different, too, so that isn't relevant either.

@BraveDude8 Huh. What do they exactly mean by "Upload restrictions" then? I guess it hasn't got anything to do with which group "owns" the right to continue scanlating a project, but rather about scanlated chapters that aren't being uploaded because of an inactive group, so other people are allowed to upload the inactive groups chapters after 4 months?

That... doesn't make sense either. Can you explain #2.4 then?

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@JakeRay Upload restrictions refers to the group locking their uploads down to group members only. There's no concept of a group "owning" a manga.

@BraveDude8 I see, I learned something today. Either the rules are a bit hard to understand for non-uploaders like me, or I'm just stupid.

But then I guess there's no rule about 'sniping' at all?

Why is this whole issue then being discussed at all? It's not like anyone did anything wrong, if the so-called 'ownership' of releases of a series is only an unregulated formality.

Users who are viewing this thread