Isekai Craft Gurashi: Jiyuu Kimama na Seisan Shoku no Honobono Slow Life - Vol. 4 Ch. 18

Fed-Kun's army
Couldn't figure out wtf he was saying for these and had to wing it tbh. "footprints" was what i read too but it makes no damn sense. "footprints" implies aftermath that simply does not make contextual sense when he's talking about a fresh up-and-comer.
((EDIT: hang on unless he meant like, "look for this guy's metaphorical footprints because he has to have lived somewhere before this and it doesn't make sense that there's no trace of him?? that'd make more sense))
But also, deadass? i was never fluent in the first place and all the group's fluent folks and proofreaders are busy with other projects. i'm just the typesetter flying solo. chaboi doing his best even without the furigana i normally need to bail me out. from what you've said, the meaning hasn't actually changed much apart from the one bubble that's asking for a background check on miyabi, which legit sounds like something i would have missed if it's figurative language and can be fixed easily enough next time i'm in front of a computer that's got photoshop on it.
what are the odds you can glance over the tentative translations i've already got typed up for ch19? there are a lot of bubbles i'm confused about wrt Liz's technobabble because this is so far beyond my pay grade, it's not even funny
I'm not sure why you say footprints implies aftermath, something so destructive. None of the conversation has been about how he's been leaving destruction in his wake, quite the opposite he's only had incredible achievements with the sheep and the orc subjugations, including that extremely well written report on the forest investigation. It is like you say; "an up-and-comer is doing too well too quickly, look into his past". We the reader know he literally appeared out of nowhere in this world so he has no past. The Duke wants to know more about him, and that lack of past is something Miyabi will have to answer for when he gets pressed on the issue.

Not sure what you're referring to with "deadass". I don't know about or are questioning your groups inner workings. I apoligize if what I made you think I was agumentative or atacking you, I just wanted to point out the big error that would lead to confusion when someone were to read this back when more chapters have released.

the meaning hasn't actually changed much apart from the one bubble that's asking for a background check on miyabi
And the "I made a connection with the the other great ducal houses". He's not talking about himself. He is already a Duke, he doesn't need connections. He's saying Miyabi has made a connection with a Ducal house (himself) and that's a big thing.

I guess I could have a look at the tl you've got though I'm not an editor or writer, there were a few other nitpicks I had in 18 but let's just move past that.

Dex-chan lover
I didnt actually expect them to do the korok faces again but im giggling like a fool each time they appear.

Miyabi is def gonna have this plan backfire on him tho, this feels like the start of a "marry her&make her happy or you die" kinda misunderstanding.

Edit: i love elf auntie's pudgy cheeks when eating pizza. Heck thats adorable.
FYI they're Kodama, not Korok, faces. Koroks are also based off of the little forest spirits, but with quite a few visual changes from the Ghibli-created look that was so widely popularized. Originally, Kodama were just any form of spirit that inhabited trees, with many different forms, and the tree the spirit inhabited was also referred to as a Kodama.

Dex-chan lover
This series started as like… 6 or 7 out of 10. It’s at LEAST 9/10 now. The comedy is amazing? Characters amazing? Development is satisfying? WHAT DARK MAGIC IS THIS AUTHOR DOING.

Also, the MC is a liiitle dense, but not normal protag dense. It’s SO nice.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter :glee: :hearts: :aquadrink: :meguu:
Ujzxnrz.gif

Dex-chan lover
Liz has seen this shit before.

They go from, "this is impossible!" to, "it better not be drafty!" in a heartbeat. Moving the goalposts, much?

Nothing wrong with her bed hair, though.

I don't like food you don't have to chew. It loses a bit from that.

Cute maid is cute.

Fed-Kun's army
Enough with the maid author, yeah she's cute but Miyabi already has Liz! More Liz and Miyabi moments! Thanks for the chapter!
From the web novel, the maid...
seems to see the MC as a father. She even asks to call him that.

Fed-Kun's army
This man miyabi, he’s most mischievous… hell, maybe even downright devious 😳

Users who are viewing this thread