Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru ~Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - To The Other World

Aggregator gang
wtf araki hirohiko why are you bullying a child? arent you supposed to be writing jojolion??

Double-page supporter
Cliche as fuck.. Wheres my isekia trash checklist.
But it has been awhile since seing an MC as fugly as this. Does the guy even know what a treadmill is ?
Well this is going to be a train wreck.. Time to put my safety helmet on.
@Mother_Mushroom You know its on the checklist right ? For isekia trash. :p :p :p It will happen.

It's clear that his parent are an as*hole, so there's no way they will give him that much of food that will keep him so fat. So it's more of that there's something wrong with his body. Take it with how he still have the will to try to workout, working and life for more than 15 years without throwing his humanity, that means he's not really a loser. Just an unfortunate guy through and through. He's clearly better than all the people who talk sh*t because of why not.

Also, if there's a self-fulfilment story for a disable, will people still make fun of it because it's still just a 'self-fulfilment' story? Now I wonder.

So summary of the chapter is: if you're ugly, not very gifted in intelligence, obese, only way out is isekai.
Just die already smh.
This is a trash way to keep readers hook, gaining sympathy for character through most cliche way possible.
Why are we here, just to suffer?

@OverlordSaiki

Nope, you just need a good role model. He had his grandpa who helped him develop morales and push him further, you can have me 😏 as one.

On a more serious note, honestly just try to do your best. You might not be the best, but it's good to say you tried your hardest.

Supporter
Oh good, based on the description I thought we'd have an edgelord but it's actually a... acceptable(?) likeable(?) MC so far.

Here's an unwarranted opinion:
90% of people who are ugly, are only ugly because they are overweight/have no muscle/have a bad haircut.
And considering that the rest of his family isn't fat like he is, I'm inclined to believe that he's just a lazy self-insert MC, for fedora tipping nice guys. You're not born fat.

Dex-chan lover
based grandpa
@pugsii yeah, really an unwarranted opinion. He also tried hard working out as shown in the chapter and it didn't help much. Also, I have many fat peers who eat less than me and workout way more than me but I'm completely skinny with no work. Genes do more than you think, and there is potentially a lot of genetic difference even within the same family.

Double-page supporter
Just to let you know, I skipped this chapter. It looked dumb and entirely unnecessary.
I've read enough isekai to know every fat bullied kid prologue is just the same.
Also, don't need to learn characters I'm never gonna need to know again

Fed-Kun's army
jesus.. I mean I know this is forced to put a plot up but I can already smell the character development. Im glad.

@firosahoge
> works out a bit
> no progress in *insert # of weeks*
> "what difference does it make?"
> gives up/blames genetics
this is peak fatty mentality right here. genes play a role to a small extent, but really it more decides whether your gonna look ripped or swole. you keep going until you're fit, and then continue for the rest of your life. honestly, obesity should be looked at as more of a mental illness, it often creates a hard to break out of cycle of eat because you hate yourself/way you look, hate yourself because you ate/are fat. and if your in that depressed state, it can be really tough to find the motivation to continue with fitness until you've saved yourself.

in any case, I'm glad the character is gonna get some development, but sucks that he get it through some bullshit plot points. whats the message here? if your fat & ugly, kill yoself and maybe you'll get isekai'd?

Dex-chan lover
> try hard to change yourself
> nothing works
> some completely unrelated magical treasure that you grandpa was hiding turns you into Chad
Fuck this shit.

Dex-chan lover
@pugsii that's fair, he honestly could have worked out harder. Unless he's actually crippled no real reason he couldn't get swole. Well, his grandpa taught him kindness rather than beat up the bullies back so whatever, isekai is the lesson here.

lpe

Why do people assume being fat means being ugly?
I've seen some people being really attractive while been overweight. Be it girls or guys.

Also, every persons got a charm of their own.

Aggregator gang
Just fight back man. You're getting beat up anyway, you might as well throw a punch or two.

Dex-chan lover
bro.. cut your hair, take a shower, and get help

looking like a hen*** protagonist won't help you get girls

even if you ugly as hell doesn't hurt to try

Users who are viewing this thread