Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru ~Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 1 - To The Other World

I hope the rest of the story retains the raw emotion this intro showed. If it does, this manga is gonna be great

This comment section:
50% People not giving a fck if this is just another isekai and just here to enjoy and be entertained
50% Elitists wanting masterpieces, dont even bother to get entertained cause apparently its not worth it if its not a masterpiece

Just another standard comment section

Liu

@Logic Yes. Because anyone can start something, the difference comes between those who stop after a few hours or a few days, and those who keep going on until they at least reach an appreciable level.

@Liu
Honestly, as shitty as your way of thinking is, I hope you hit a point where you understand the way the mc thinks, hitting that point kind of sucks.

Liu

@alidan feel free to disagree with me, but reminder to keep the chat clear of insults toward other users.

As for my point, let me explain it in another way : many manga/anime fans would at some point try to learn jp or learn to draw. I'm not saying that the anime/manga community is full of losers, of course not. But what I am trying to point out is that the real winner in the lot is the one who kept learning until he reached a good level in those domains.
Now why I believe that the mc is trash? It's not entirely because he gave up on practicing, but also because he dared to say that it was useless to practice after giving up. Only those who kept practicing until the very end (and eventually reached a suitable level) can actually tell whether it was worth keeping on or not. Stopping an activity a few hours/days after starting and call it meaningless is utter hypocrisy.

Small edit : this actually reminds me of that SoL where the mc said that socializing is useless because you had to be inherently good at it, adding that life was sht etc... Without ever trying to get to know his surroundings. The mc girl on the other hand kept learning about the trends and other social subjects in order to be appreciated by her classmates and eventually became a star of the school. Shows how people who keep practicing reach their goal, which is what is happening in the manga with the mc who gets to socialize after trying for real. Another example would be Masamune kun no revenge.

Tl;dr you don't need some OP power isekai stuff, just working toward your goal is more than enough. Saying 'omg I tried everything and nothing worked' after giving up midway is not a valid reason.

@Liu After reading it again, he only said “Initially I went all out.” So it is possible that he is still training/studying/eating healthy food but it is not shown, except not as much as before (though I can't really say anything about the food). Think of it as someone first spending a couple hours per day running but after a few weeks reaching a routine of 1 or two hours every week-end. IF that is the case, he is only stating that since he started his training, nothing changed.

PS: Although it might not be applicable to this case, I hope you understand how depressing having to put hours of practice to do what most others can do in a matter of minute (singular intended) can be.

Dex-chan lover
THere is also the other isekai with stinking fatty turning into thin op character.

Dex-chan lover
@Jobslayer and soon enough, there will be the 5% who announce to the world they are dropping this for one stupid reason or another because people care about that apparently.

😅

Group Leader
How TF do you have a hidden room that big in a house??? I can understand a basement or smaller room above ground, but if a room is too big, it gets obvious when you walk around and notice a huge discrepancy in the floor layout. "whats with this huge vacant square wall with no door leading inside?" Based on the average Japanese sized house, that room looks like it takes a quarter, a fifth at the very least, of whatever floor it's on... Imagine if your garage had no doors and was your "secret" room, that's how obvious it is.
You may fool the average guest (why would they be inspecting your floor layout), but if you live there... I call BS.

Fed-Kun's army
@ Author Bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You!!!!!! It's not the lame MC who's really just a quitter with a shit family and zero understanding of priorities. People liking you is not a priority. It's not the ridiculousness of how his only friend is his dead grandpa & that he has no recourse to stand up to bullying. No no no none of that matters.

It all comes down to one sentence that made me drop this foreverrrrrrrrrr. "You have acquired the title of 'Person first called to another world'". How can you be so cruel to the kind grandpa by NOT even calling him a person! You're just unfilial to your ancestors and elderly. You heartless monster of a creature! Don't give me that bullshit of this giant warehouse with this lion door just NEVER was found by the old gramps.

Fed-Kun's army
@BuffSoul - What do you want to bet the grandpa came from the other side of that door? What do you want to bet he made it?

Power Uploader
@BuffSoul Wow, I think it was just a slip up on translation. As @Kanol said he could've come from that other world, but my version of that title was "First Timer in Another World"
初めて異世界を訪れた者 (hajimete isekai wo otozureta mono)
初めて, hajimete - Start (for the first time)
異世界を, isekai wo - In/from/related to another world
訪れた者, otozureta mono - Visitor

First visitor would need the thing related to first to be near "otozureta mono", like "hajimete no otozureta mono" (Though that's wrong because of the hajimete, but the other word would have to be in there)
But then again, there isn't quite a 100% correct translation regarding Japanese, especially if you don't want it to be awful, so mistakes/mistranslations may occur

Users who are viewing this thread