Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru ~Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta~

Why are people garbage when it's an isekai?...
In just 4 chapter, I love this manga so much...

Dex-chan lover
How many chapter fours has this been now? I could have sworn this was the third posted, but it only shows two.

Man, I love my fantasy settings, but this isekai trope has been fucking killing my joy lately. This god dammed thing can (almost) fill any Isekai bingo by itself within those 4 chapters.

To start off with a good point, the MC ins't a complete trainwreck, he's actually a pretty likeable dude by isekai standards. I mean it. He got angry at first but his life was fucking awful so yeah, who wouldn't? At least he didn't turn into a fucking deranged sadistic and got over it, like a normal person. The artstyle is nice also, really crisp, doesn't have that much uniqueness but that is not a bad thing per se. But that's about it. In four chapters, everything has been handed over to him. EVERYTHING. He had to put ZERO EFFORT in everything he got so far. So, power, looks, a new love interest, and that really ruffle my feathers. I wouldn't mind the usual isekai tropes if it was, you know, well written.

I would've liked this title much more if the MC had actually worked his ass because a chance of a new (or better) life was given to him, and got to be a better version of himself due to the effort he put into improving. But nah. We can't have that. Power fantasies, woooooooo.

Yes, I know I could say this to many other isekai/high-fantasy mangas out there, but this one just happened to be the last straw, and I really dislike the message it ends up conveying.

And to get ahead of the usual replies, yes, I can just stop reading it, and that is what I'm going to do. If you like this title good on you man, you found something you enjoy, have fun, I'm just not going to say this is well written by any standards, but that should not stop anyone from enjoying it.

tl;dr life is easier if you're good looking.

I really liked the art, and the storytelling is alright too. I don't even mind the easy power ups at all. but do they have to change how mc physically look instantly? I think it'll be a much better story if his look transforms slowly. it kinda undermined the strong first chapter.

This is pretty good isekai, mc can go back and forth between worlds, hes not some edgy dude yet defends himself and those in need. Hasn't really done anything which shows him being a wimp, op mc and bruh the illustration qualitied so nice, the character designs looks so sleek and detailed. Only think i want is for him to get revenge on his bully, but this goes against the meaning of his name and his personality so probably not.

Some molten hot takes in the comments, apparently NEETS are the only people who want an easy life? Thats a take more entertaining than the first four chapters of this. Even better we have the usual "I dislike this so it isn't well written", not the much more acceptable (if still questionably shallow) reverse. Good times.

Liking this so far.

If only it had a Romance tag... guess all these flags are going to be left unaddressed.

Honestly I'm Ok with this. We need more manga that even with isekai, there's some kind of contact with the orginal world too. It's make the manga closer home. What The second coming of Glutony in the novel is example.

Glad to see the manga being picked back up, the novel translations are glacial.

Moral of the story : if you're pretty, the world is a beautiful place... but not if you're ugly so all you fuggos, go die.

Another story where the caterpillar protag turns into a beautiful butterfly in 2 chapters with no effort on his part.

A short, fat weakling opens a golden door in his grandfather's basement that leads to an abandoned house in a forest in another world. The abandoned house has a forcefield that prevents anything from entering the premises. A super-powerful monster attacks the forcefield, and the weakling uses a weapon he finds in the abandoned house to blast the enemy into dust. This allows him to level up to the triple digits. He goes to sleep and wakes up as a tall, thin, beautiful butterfly. Also, he learns skills with no effort. He punches the air a couple of times and becomes a martial arts master.

He can return to the real world by using the golden door in the abandoned house, so there's no finality or struggle for the protag to adapt to or live in the new world. In the fifth chapter he uses the door to return to our world, beats up his school bully, becomes a model, and gets a beautiful girlfriend. You could just write 'The End' at the end of chapter 5 since the MC has managed to overcome every problem he set out to fix with himself.

I understand why people like wish-fulfillment stories like these, but they aren't for me. I don't know where the story will go after the fifth chapter, but I'll be forever in ignorance since I can't find it in me to read any further.

@bladesurge2202 Check the NovelUpdates link in the series info. Looks like the WN translation is going very slowly. The translation is only slightly ahead of the manga scanlation at this point.

@Christopher "if you're pretty, the world is a beautiful place... but not if you're ugly so all you fuggos, go die." In real life it's true, someone pretty are much an better life then a ugly...

Two ways the story would go. 1. he becomes handsome and begins a positive and op life style. 2. Stays ugly and becomes powerful evil slave owning bastard. keep it vanilla.

Idk what about this manga that is giving me this vibe but it quite fresh, probably because the art is pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread