Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru ~Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta~

Hello, I am the main character and i have arrived, ladies you may moisten your panties now.

@bruhclone
nah man... this so far peaks at like 5/10.
Unless they throw a curveball at us or something (like maybe actual giving him weakness in terms of his actual ability, like is self confidence being a very strong hindrance, and hopefully he loses the magic prettify/power up and have prove himself without the nepotism magic)

Contributor
Oh noes! The entire world hates my guts just because I'm fat and ugly! It totally has nothing to do with me, I swear.

Hold up, I can now isekai, and am suddenly a confident, muscular hottie for no particular reason? What, the plot says that people love me now because my exterior has improved? Somehow, my personality has magically improved as well, because we all know manga conflates outward appearance and inner personality as the same thing?

Why is it again that I can move back and forth freely between isekai and the real word? Who knows, it was never explained, it just sort of happens!

Seriously though, this is horribly overrated. The story is cliche trash.

Edit: Oh, and a tragic, bullied heroine literally just drops into his lap for no good reason the next chapter. That's it. Dropped.

I don't get why there's so much hate
I get it that you guys don't like it but calm down
It's cliche and? Try to come up with a story

The authors are humans too, they have flaws too and insulting them won't help to fix it

I will now proceed to write a wall of text regarding this manga. It won't contain much of any spoilers but if you're done with the first two chapters you're free to open.
First of all, let me make it clear I DO NOT support body positivity. While you're reading this, you might think to yourself that I'm saying it's okay to be fat. No, it's not okay.

Now that we're done with that, let's continue.
Oh, how much I love this manga. It has the potential to be my favorite isekai. There are two great reasons for that:
• MC is relatable for me. Really fucking relatable. For starters, I have some similar experiences. I was, well, more than overweight at one point in my life. I still am. Due to that, I got bullied a ton in school. I still get bullied every passing day, from both my schoolmates, "friends" and almost every single acquaintances I have. There's barely one or two people I know that I can honestly trust; yes, that includes parents too, I nearly got thrown out of my house once but it wasn't due to my body. Enough of my own experiences, what I'm trying to say is that to some, it may appeal as a generic power isekai, to me, the story hits on a personal level. I know most of you are, a bit creeped out from hearing a fat guy's emotional text. If there's any problem, I'll be sure to delete this in the future 😄But for now, please read this review in case you want to start.
• It's different. Yes, it's still power trash but, it's different. The character development is on point. The MC is unique and to an extent, dumb. A good 90% of the comments are spitting hate on the manga and THEY HAVE REAL REASONS TO DO SO. They are not wrong. They are completely right. But hear me out, read it. It's dramatic, and the story is well executed in the LN. It's cliche to an extent but it doesn't waver into the realm of every single isekais. After all, we are here to make ourselves feel good. Imagine you were the one getting bullied and eventually obtained such powers; would you show off? Or would you be simple-minded like the MC? It's all to do with the kind of person playing the role, and at the moment, it fits the story perfectly.

There's the incident with Kaori too. The MC is, too kind. And that lives up to the later parts of the story, his attitude and characteristics don't change.
In conclusion, the story is playing its part right. It's doing its job as a generic isekai harem while at the same time making sure to keep progressing through its unique plot points. Its a tragic story to an extent. Its about a man who suffered so much, that the world decided to give him more than what he wanted by the end. If you hate this manga, I'll be the one questioning your morality.

Overall: 9/10
Would give it 10/10 but hey, all I need is the MC going kaboom on all the people who bullied him and that'll be it.

Thanks for attending my TED Talk.
And sorry for the cringe, I really am!

@seekermoc
What do you mean by "personality change" and "confident", unless you're talking about someone other then the MC that hasn't happened.

Contributor
@ChrunchBoi

Yes, he still acted kinda wimpy in his own mind, but outwardly his body language completely changed, not just his looks. Guy went from hunched over and nervously twiddling his thumbs, to a dude who stood up straight and confident, even when confronted. Just changing your looks won't change the way you behave. It's like they're two completely different characters.

At least that's how it seemed to me, but I dropped at chapter 4, so I'm not sure how it's gone since then. Regardless I still recommend passing on this one for anyone who isn't strongly into the self-insert beta-reform aspect of the isekai genre.

@Lxminous
I love it and rate it at 10 because this manga have a big potential.
After 7 chapters i'm really happy finding it.
The story is good and the mc too he is not bragging about is new body and power. He do just the right things like respects for others and get recompensed by this way. He don't use is skills for revenge, be the first in the school or something like threaten others...
All his life he got bullied, threatened and beaten just because he was ugly and weak. Even after that he was a good man who risk himself for the sake of others. His mind his half broken because of that but he stay himself even after become a superman in the real world.
The mc is not only. Just like Houjou Kaori that was saved by him when he was ugly. She wanted to thanks him for his act and come herself help him and expose the reality in front of everyone.
That was really really good !
I don't want this manga got canceled or anything !
I want more hahahaha !

I don’t know how to feel about this. I checks like almost every box in the Isekai started pack but at the same time it doesn’t try to overly focus on it. The MC is likeable not because he is overcoming getting bullied but because he still thinks he is the same as before. The characters are a little cliche (I am getting mad noblesse vives from the two students that are with the mc in the school) but they are not annoying cliches. It’s only seven chapters but the plot has a lot of potential just from the things that have been set up. It’s also (at least for me) the first Isekai that actively has the two worlds play a equal part in the story and I like that. All and All I think this is a 7/10 for me it’s really good but needs to develop a lot of it’s story

I was actually kinda into it before he suddenly looked like another generic model MC overnight whom everybody loves and can do no wrong, at least he has a decent personality so i'll keep reading for now.

I think that the Mc is a little bit naive and too trusting, I don't quite like it.
Why would you trust people when you've been bullied all your life because your fat and ugly like 🤔, These people wouldn't be as kind to you if you were still fat (Except the person who wants him to go to her school) they're just like the others and its fucked up how the Mc just doesn't care at all.
The Mc should take a break from life and have a full chapter of just talking to himself and coming to terms with not only his new body but also his old one, I think it would be great if the Mc also thinks about the people around him and realizes that they only like him because his hot and that if he was the old him would they still treat him the same.

I know I sound demented but if this guy had been bullied his whole life then surely there would be some trust issues and he wouldn't be able to socialize properly, but nooooo after he gets his new body its like he's a new person, but he's not he's still the same person on the inside but he magically changed like wtf did you also lose all your memories about people hating you just because you were fat and ugly, If you were still fat and ugly these people would still fucking despise you like god damn Mc wake up and go kick their asses and prove them wrong don't be one of those 'humble' Mc protagonist cause those people really get on my nerves.

Anyway the story was interesting at first but I quickly lost interest.
6.5/10
Pro's
>Good art.
>Started off alright with a relatable Mc.
>He didn't get hit by the almight truck~kun

Cons
>Mc is dumb.
>Too many cliché's/troupes.
>Mc is kind of a Mary sue.
>I think the Mc is gonna be one of those 'Nice Guys' who get the loli harm.
>Generic isekai plot, guy saves girl, girl falls in love with guy and wants to marry him, guy is op af and is a massive pushover rinse and repeat for 50 odd chapters and you have a full on isekai manga right there folks.

If you're looking for something similar to this manga then I recommend this https://mangadex.org/title/12108/mushoku-tensei-isekai-ittara-honki-dasu it has far better character writing but does fall under some clichés but it is one of the best isekai's out there rn.

Lovely, people say its nothing new and bland, but thats not bad thing sometimes. This manga is quite entertaining for me. Its simple and easy to read.

Just another garbage tier isekai taken straight out of the template with sob story background and wish fulfillment.

Users who are viewing this thread