Isekai de Skill wo Kaitai Shitara Cheat na Yome ga Zoushoku Shimashita: Gainen Kousa no Structure

I enjoy the premise but something about the way each chapter is presented is kind of boring. Might just be the general pacing. I'll stick with it for a little while.

Dex-chan lover
I'm tired of the slave trope. Remember the good old days when the mc could be surrounded by a harem of girls without needing to enslave them first?

Supporter
Reminds me of that Cut & Paste novel, messing around with skills like that

wow, slavery is such a happy thing.

But seriously, the depiction of slavery in light novels is fucking disgusting. I get it if it's something more bdsm-ish and ecchi like HNTSADL, where I know it isn't my thing, but in a normal ass series where slavery over PERCEIVED LESSER RACES TO HUMANS is glorified? Fuck no.

Unless it's the point of the novel, slavery shouldn't be present in this form. I get it happening, sure, but the fixation on it is obviously either fetishistic or borne out of incompetence, or a mixture of the two.

In the ancient past slavery was a surprisingly functional part of society, especially when citizenship was seen more as a duty rather than a right, but the Japanese don't really seem to see it that way in manga. The girl in this one doesn't have to be a slave. He was nice to her and she has low self-esteem for plot reasons, so she likes him. The slavery thing just forces him to be awkward about their relationship. I guess the reader is supposed to like that mc is not abusing his ownership rights? It just makes their relationship so awkward... 20 years reading manga and i still don't get what they're thinking when they make something like this.

Double-page supporter
@weeaboomemelord69
I can understand it in certain things, like in Shield Hero, but here... it just feels gross. Like, in Shield Hero, he is given literally no other option but to buy a slave because he couldn't attack and nobody would partner with him, and he wouldnt gain XP from monsters. But the recent influx since then is just.... really unpleasant.

This mangaka has very peculiar and particular fetishes.
What's with the girl wanting to be a slave. That's weird.

not sure i might've missed an explanation of it, but i thought mc's skill to restructure skills only worked on skills? since he's using his restructure skill on walls and making them tear apart.
also, is there a trend of manga adapted from webnovels that are of isekai mc's that have slave heroines? i can think of this one, Maou & Elf Bride, shield hero, and Isekai Meikyuu. but in the very least in those others they're not glorifying it - shield fully accepts it as part of an evil that needs to be taken to combat a greater evil while meikyuu is being upfront that their mc is using the slave system to get his noodle wet, whereas maou (in process of dealing with it); those mc's aren't sugarcoating their situations and acknowledge the immorality of slave systems.

Double-page supporter
Like all of you I’ll never understand Japanese authors obsession with slave harems in there plot, and it seems to be strictly Japanese. In Chinese novels it rarely to never used and most of the time it’s a guy who MC enslaves to help him out for a short while....

i feel like this is getting more boring by each chapter. i dont feel any excitement reading new chapters and rather want to skip through them. can someone confirm this or is it just me?

Wow... only 7 volumes out. The story is starting at a slow pace and hasn't hit an arc yet.

@oniikami
Unless I'm misunderstanding something he isn't 'restructuring' the wall with his restructuring skill but instead using a previously created skill along the lines of "architecture 'smash'" (forgot exact name used atm) that could be used to deal great damage and possibly destroy said architecture- although he has turned off the aspect that causes the actual destruction in some instances; i.e. when he used it on the cart (thats why he was trying to convince himself it could be categorized as a room, so the skill could be applied) to have only the force from the blow take effect and push the cart.

Some skills are dirt cheap and handed out like candy at every corner. What exactly stops our protagonist from getting tons of cheap skills and mix and matching his party into godhood?
Oh right, the author is a dolt.

I plan to read this later. The release is so slow, damn. Reading after it has at least 50+. Looks good. Harem is always welcomed

Users who are viewing this thread