Isekai Izakaya "Gen"

So I guess the gods of other world just really like japan's cuisine, they decided to just connect an izakaya to their world, rather than having some childish 8-grader go and transported / reincarnated to their world, to prevent cliche getting overused in their world.

Are you saying that the style of Gen is Yoshoku while Nobu focuses on Washoku?

@hippoanon The implication thus far has been he originally planned to close it completely on his own, not telling anyone. She only found out from a text from her mother, so she's angry he's not communicating anything when she wants to keep the izakaya running. So now he's suddenly saying he intends to keep it open but hasn't bothered explaining why he decided to close it, or why he's suddenly changed his mind. It seems like the presumption is he's getting too old to keep running it and is now just being stubborn to spite her, thus her continued opposition to him regardless of him closing or continuing it; at the moment she clearly doesn't trust her father won't change his mind again. At the end of the day, he can't continue forever and does need a successor if he doesn't want to just close it and walk away, so his ignoring her entirely is short sighted in its own way. Chefs would usually would begin to pass a lot of the work to their apprentices by now, it's a rough industry on the late middle-aged but clearly her father has nobody thus his original declaration to simply close it and her effort to find him a successor.

@OP_Zed we'll see soon enough but it does look that way thus far. Gen is a Kanto establishment and thus has a different sense for pub food compared to Kyoto's, in addition to Nobuyuki's very traditional training as a chef for a ryokan. We saw in Nobu that Nobuyuki was only just beginning to play around with foreign menu items after they became rooted in the Old Capital but we've seen he does make things like menchikatsu, which is basically just a breaded and fried variation of the hamburg steak served in Gen.

Hold on there. In the fist pages of the manga, they mentioned about this fox. Could it be that it's the same fox connected Kyoto to Aitherira?

"Hey mister, you've never seen me before, but give me your restaurant, and look, i'm even cooking in your kitchen without permission !"
The daughter and the dude's attitude are totally WTF

Fed-Kun's army
THis is the the 4th Earth connected to isekai via Restaurant manga ive read. This is becoming a trope.

Well, it’s set in the same Universe as Izakaya Nobu, so I’m curious but also not curious? We’ll see how it goes I guess.

Wow, damn, no respect to parent at all. I wonder if since birth dad never spend money and time to rise his daugther at all.

Quiet to be honest, both are selfish and angry at 'dad' cause their planning is failed, must be trying to play house play store

They shouldn't be so rude to the father, especially father is the owner, I bet if they buy it the daugther will force her father to accept low price and installment

It was said (c2) he's receiving training, and honestly a young chef will work for someone else first before trying to open a restaurant by themselves (open a business it's not about cooking, but management too). Rather than bluntly saying want to buy restaurant from the father that didn't want to, he should asking to be accepted as sous-chef.

Well, what a plot to attract readers. Sudden outburst like a kid then ended with a polite daugther that became tsundere 😒

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Honestly this doesn’t really have the same feel as Izakaya Nobu did, maybe because they’re kind of rushing through it? Well, whatever, it’s still another nice food/cooking manga for me <3

Users who are viewing this thread