Isekai Izakaya "Nobu" - Ch. 81 - [Gossip] Repeat what you just said

Dex-chan lover
There's actually time progression in the story since the start.

This is like 3rd? year Nobu has opened in Aithera, we've had:

Hans going from soldier to fighting his father to become a chef.
Leontine chasing after Bartholdt to getting heartbroken into working at Nobu.
Bartholdt and Helmina marriage and pregnancy.
Celes's listening to reports on Nobu from the spy and eventually coming here into falling in love and marrying the Emperor.
etc

and this time
A man who had the power to come and go to this world until he lost that ability.
And now he's coming to Nobu to put his past to rest.

...let's just say the 'reveal' was quite heartwarming.
Yeah, so far any plot progression has been exclusive to the people in the world they are transported to, and almost nothing of significance for the Japanese characters who are our ostensible main characters (outside of some food inspiration plotlines). This could be a major shakeup for their stories and the main story about how they are able to open the portal to another world, so it's much different than things progressing in the lives of the locals.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, so far any plot progression has been exclusive to the people in the world they are transported to, and almost nothing of significance for the Japanese characters who are our ostensible main characters (outside of some food inspiration plotlines). This could be a major shakeup for their stories and the main story about how they are able to open the portal to another world, so it's much different than things progressing in the lives of the locals.

'nothing of significance'

Taisho went from starting a new store and all the anxiety with it
Talk to his old mentor and learn shuhari
Tried his own hands at new things
Met Klovinkel (is that how you spell it? the poet) and got a glimpse into the direction he want to go when he made the dish he's most confident in
Got an apprentice in Hans and start to learn how his mentor felt
etc

Just because there's no broody drama doesn't mean there's no significance.

Dex-chan lover
I have met many japanese people in my life, and there is no way in hell any of them would have had parents who named them Yoda. Even if they'd never seen Star Wars, that is not a fucking name you give to a child.

Bro is going to find his way back to the wrong earth.

Dex-chan lover

Met Klovinkel (is that how you spell it? the poet) and got a glimpse into the direction he want to go when he made the dish he's most confident in
etc

good drama is in the slow burn. you can't force something to cook faster by turning up the heat.

I have met many japanese people in my life, and there is no way in hell any of them would have had parents who named them Yoda. Even if they'd never seen Star Wars, that is not a fucking name you give to a child.

Bro is going to find his way back to the wrong earth.
I believe Yoda here is the family name.
His given name is Kouzaburou.

Dex-chan lover

etc

Sorry, I'll be clearer, there has been no plot in regards to the underlying mystery of the greater story of why they are connected to this other world. Everything has been either about cooking or business or stuff with the locals. This is really the first time we've seen any movement in the terms of the actual weirdness of them having a restaurant that opens to another world, which they have started to treat as just some totally normally thing that's just accepted for a while now. But it's pretty freaking weird, and we've had no real sign of how or why it happened or what is causing it etc. And now hopefully we'll start to see some answers.

I know the story is just more about being a vehicle for the mangaka to talk about food and comfy vibes, but I can't help but be curious about the actual underlying story of how they are connected to this world in the first place.

Dex-chan lover
Sorry, I'll be clearer, there has been no plot in regards to the underlying mystery of the greater story of why they are connected to this other world. Everything has been either about cooking or business or stuff with the locals. This is really the first time we've seen any movement in the terms of the actual weirdness of them having a restaurant that opens to another world, which they have started to treat as just some totally normally thing that's just accepted for a while now. But it's pretty freaking weird, and we've had no real sign of how or why it happened or what is causing it etc. And now hopefully we'll start to see some answers.

I know the story is just more about being a vehicle for the mangaka to talk about food and comfy vibes, but I can't help but be curious about the actual underlying story of how they are connected to this world in the first place.

Because what's the point of pondering about it? You're not gonna really get the answer besides 'some higher being did it'
And we've seen said higher being: https://mangadex.org/chapter/9fd95963-ce5d-4e10-a7ab-aa83b6384d45/19

Also, Shinobu already told the employees about them being from another world a while ago.
Here's their response: https://mangadex.org/chapter/08c8b6d4-e77b-439d-af6c-7bb0121792ea/3

And sorry to drop it on you but none of the mystery will get solved by this new person either.

In fact it's implied his case of was done by another entity entirely.

Dex-chan lover
Because what's the point of pondering about it? You're not gonna really get the answer besides 'some higher being did it'
And we've seen said higher being: https://mangadex.org/chapter/9fd95963-ce5d-4e10-a7ab-aa83b6384d45/19

Also, Shinobu already told the employees about them being from another world a while ago.
Here's their response: https://mangadex.org/chapter/08c8b6d4-e77b-439d-af6c-7bb0121792ea/3

And sorry to drop it on you but none of the mystery will get solved by this new person either.

In fact it's implied his case of was done by another entity entirely.
You really need to check why you're being so aggressive about this whole thing. It was a lighthearted comment about a lighthearted manga, and you're just getting really not lighthearted or chill about this whole thing and need to figure out what made you feel like you needed to be this way.

Dex-chan lover
You really need to check why you're being so aggressive about this whole thing. It was a lighthearted comment about a lighthearted manga, and you're just getting really not lighthearted or chill about this whole thing and need to figure out what made you feel like you needed to be this way.

Are you talking to yourself? Cuz it sounds like you're being overly sensitive about being reminded what happened in the story.

Users who are viewing this thread