Isekai Izakaya "Nobu" - Ch. 89 - A Bottle of Soy Sauce

Dex-chan lover
Man, I'd be more than furious if I were him.

That's unforgivable, regardless of whether that person is the love of your life. Destroying the only way back to your homeland, depriving you of reuniting with your loved ones and family, imagine the parents' sadness at not knowing their son's whereabouts, and carrying that sadness until death. This woman was cruel and selfish as hell.
Parents? Family? Did you even read the chapter? He said that at the time he found out about the door, he had no family. His parents are already dead before that. He had no family or loved one in Japan so he was prepared to stay in another world for the rest of his life, even before his wife burned the factory.

Dex-chan lover
I did put myself in their shoes, and I decided if I were in that position I would not forgive her. I didn't say the character shouldn't. I said I wouldn't

And who said anything about malice? Harmful actions taken out of ignorance instead of malice can still be a valid reason to not forgive someone. I also don't think you can claim this was ignorance: She was very much so aware of the fact she was destroying his only attachment to his prior world and that he wouldn't want that. That's why she hid her plan and the action in the first place. It was only after it was done and couldn't be reversed with her present at the scene that she admitted it.

I also don't think a regular person would be so out of control emotionally their decision would be to irreversibly destroy their love's only attachment to their family in secret knowing they would not be happy with it without even trying to discuss the insecurities fueling that action first. Premeditated arson is not a crime of passion.
Well, he had no family in Japan anyway. His parents died before he found out about the door. He did say that himself that he didn't have much attachment to Japan.
And you should understand pregnant women. The hormonal changes can make women do things they don't usually do. Pregnancy really affects women's mental health.
When my mother was pregnant with me, she had an unfounded fear that my father wouldn't come back. Fear of abandonment is common with pregnant women.

Users who are viewing this thread