Isekai Meikyuu de Harem o - Ch. 86 - Cassia (3)

Dex-chan lover
Imagine that. A manga that acknowledges that it's better to have something under metal armour and not just have it on bare skin. That's much too rare.
I've said it before and I'll say it again - the world building in this is a cut above most other stories (be it LNs or mangas). In most other mangas that I read, most of these "small" details would be cast off as "uninteresting" or "irrelevant", while in reality they matter A LOT.
You can see the author did a lot of thinking when writing this, and it makes the immersion 10x better - for me at least - and makes me appreciate the author for seriously thinking about the little details, making me love this manga even more.
Too bad we get a dosage of it only once a month 😢

Dex-chan lover
I've said it before and I'll say it again - the world building in this is a cut above most other stories (be it LNs or mangas). In most other mangas that I read, most of these "small" details would be cast off as "uninteresting" or "irrelevant", while in reality they matter A LOT.
You can see the author did a lot of thinking when writing this, and it makes the immersion 10x better - for me at least - and makes me appreciate the author for seriously thinking about the little details, making me love this manga even more.
Too bad we get a dosage of it only once a month 😢
i do fear that this author went a little too far in to the world building at the expense of story. It certainly is interesting the depths that can be mined from creating new settings. I'm hanging in there, but it does feel a bit of a slog without a clear end goal at times.

Dex-chan lover
Sometimes I'm jealous of this guy. But, honestly, I don't think I want a life of worrying how I die every day. He earned it.
Michiro's so OP and over-equipped, thanks to his broken skills and being able to minmax the ever living fuck out of them while still being careful and cautious to the level of paranoia, that the odds of him or any of his slavewives ever being killed for real is probably less than you on any normal day getting in a car accident or something.

Dex-chan lover
damn soap play (almost) everyday.... but in reality, not enough space, slip and risk of injury/ pain will follow, etc.... ah fantasy....

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
MC: "Oh, Sherry is feeling self-conscious and embarrassed with me watching her strip naked, making her feel forced into doing it because of our maser/slave relationship."
Also MC: "I know how to make her feel better! Let's all take a bath and sexually "attack" (in attack in quotes because it's not actually attacking, as in, sexual assault attack)!"

Dex-chan lover
Hardened leather was used as armour, but regular leather usually not. Mostly it was to connect armour pieces or otherwise structure the more protective elements of the armour. But in fantasy with potentially much tougher leather, it's absolutely an option.
While true soft leathers were not armor quality, in most cases they were more durable. The more sturdy leathers like boar or cow hide did however offered significantly more protection and even unhardened could be considered light armor.
It's not hard to move in chainmail, but it's taxing on your endurance. And I wonder what they mean by "hardness", since chainmail is soft in terms of blunt force protection.
I assume it's just the MC being ignorant.
If there's a significant amount of dwarves, there would be clothing designed specifically for them, and not just kid-sized stuff.
I just find it strange that that armor made by a armorsmith auto adjusts, while clothing made by a seamstress doesn't.
Imagine that. A manga that acknowledges that it's better to have something under metal armour and not just have it on bare skin. That's much too rare.
Think it's still a partial fail though. I do agree that many authors and mangaka forget most armor without under layers would be uncomfortable and in some case outright harmful to the wearer, the way this setting handles armor is only marginally better.

Dex-chan lover
Is it me or the pages +18 are becoming less and less?
Wouldn't bother me. But there are some vague promises for the next chapter.

I think it shows that you don't need to go grand scale with kingdoms clashing and wars being fought. Small matters like choosing equipment or grinding in a dungeon for materials can also make for compelling stories. In terms of scale, it's similar to the Weakest Tamer manga, which has a reasonably similar approach (but without the sex, thankfully).

I'm hanging in there, but it does feel a bit of a slog without a clear end goal at times.
I like the slice of life aspect of it, so for me it's fine.

Michiro's so OP and over-equipped, thanks to his broken skills and being able to minmax the ever living fuck out of them while still being careful and cautious to the level of paranoia, that the odds of him or any of his slavewives ever being killed for real is probably less than you on any normal day getting in a car accident or something.
He's also inexperienced and can't take that much of a beating. His offence is far above what's needed, but his defence leaves room for improvement.

While true soft leathers were not armor quality, in most cases they were more durable. The more sturdy leathers like boar or cow hide did however offered significantly more protection and even unhardened could be considered light armor.
I think the biggest difference is that we normally judge armour by how it stands up to weapons, but here they're fighting against monsters. Claws and teeth aren't nearly as sharp as swords, so leather would be much better against those types of attacks.

Think it's still a partial fail though. I do agree that many authors and mangaka forget most armor without under layers would be uncomfortable and in some case outright harmful to the wearer, the way this setting handles armor is only marginally better.
I give it a, "they tried," award. I could go into even more detail about stuff I notice, but that's a bit too much, even for me.

Unfortunately I don't work retail. I work tech support. There is a reason it's called The Hell Desk.
I've worked at a market stand, and in tech support. And customer support in retail. Then my back broke and I started working as a janitor. Much better, but depends a lot on your specific job.

Fed-Kun's army
anyone knows if will take much time for the next slave to be added to the harem? i like how things are now but its almost a slice of life in the last few chapters

Dex-chan lover
Hardened leather was used as armour, but regular leather usually not. Mostly it was to connect armour pieces or otherwise structure the more protective elements of the armour. But in fantasy with potentially much tougher leather, it's absolutely an option.

It's not hard to move in chainmail, but it's taxing on your endurance. And I wonder what they mean by "hardness", since chainmail is soft in terms of blunt force protection.

Sherry's got good decision making speed. Great partner to go shopping with. For a few other reasons, too.

If there's a significant amount of dwarves, there would be clothing designed specifically for them, and not just kid-sized stuff.

Yep, money's useless if you're not alive to spend it.

That chainmail should probably be fitted better. Though it's hard to see how it fits her body since it's covered.

That sure is a hit. But impact resistance is not what chainmail is good for.

Roxanne is always ready for a bath.

Sherry with loose hair is always a treat.
IMO:
  • maybe regular leather armor’s just for budget/beginner-tier armor. It WAS his first armor piece IIRC.
  • chainmail is metal. Metal is hard. Metal is also noticeably harder and more durable than leather. You will survive more with a chain hauberk than leather (especially from slashes)
  • agree that the hauberk doesn’t fit Sherry well enough. IIRC the armors usually have auto-size adjustment magic thingy, hence why it can fit roxanne’s booba.
  • gambersons are ultra rare. Only HEMA nerds like Gregorius Yamada knows how to draw them.

Dex-chan lover
Given everything else in this manga I am constantly amazed how ugly the armors are. Not realistic armor needs to be that hideous - good lord that's some contrast to everything else, right there

Dex-chan lover
the long awaited ecchi!! when did the last chapter that cointained some "plot" came out? was it even this year :pacman: ?

Users who are viewing this thread