Isekai Meikyuu de Harem o - Ch. 88 - Cassia (5)

Dex-chan lover
That’s what she said!
"That's what she said, isn't it?"
I'm sorry you had to hear that.

P.S.: Tell me if you consider anything mentioned above to be spoilers and I'll hide it.
Anything about future events and information, which is most of it. Probably. I stopped reading the moment I saw you had no respect for spoilers. Asking after everything is like saying, "by the way, this chapter has full nudity, so it's NSWF," after the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
I'm starting to think this manga is trying to make "ugly af armor" it's theme :rolleyes:

We waited a month for 6 fucking pages... GTFO
We wish it was 6 fucking pages. It was 6 dude-talking pages. What is even going on, I don't think I've ever seen such dramatic drop in page count.

Still, thx for the translation!

Thanks for posting the new translation!

While it’s quite short and things have been moving rather slow, I’m hoping some longer chapters are ahead.

The WN/LN are honestly… underwritten in sections like this. They lay out the logic of the world quite poorly, often having to have disjointed conversations across the chapters to clarify things.
And intermix that with a much more paranoid and frankly aggravating MC going off on the duke in dumb inner-diatribes.

While these chapters have been short, I feel like the manga is the best version of this story.
There’s reframing of the duke in a much more friendly and playful manner; the MC is less irritating; and there’s far more time spent for fan service-y stuff.

Still… would love this twice a month at the current pace.

The WN/LN has some interesting bits ahead, but the new characters of the household get very little development or any real callouts at bedtime. It gets very repetitive and poorly paced.

This manga adaptation has already shown that it can handle that quicker while throwing in some better storytelling and character development.

On that note, the “MC is asleep, so girl talk time” are a very welcome change and something I really hope the artist continues.
In the LN/WN, these are direct conversations between the three and it’s… so bad. Maybe the translation is a bigger hindrance on those bits, but man… not sure how they could be done worse. This adaptation of that is great. I REALLY hope they can not just spice up scenes with the new companions, but develop them further than the original author ever tried…

Curious what others that read them think of things like the pacing in the manga or the (IMO) better presentation of content.

Strange, I remember MC having thoughts of
stealing duke's wife by making her a widow at this in the novel

Dex-chan lover
As the guy who wrote the top review for the WN and actively reads the LN now, I respectfully disagree. It's an acquired taste.
Both the LN and the WN have 3.2 ratings on NU, the site known for overrating everything, for a reason. It's just bad.

"Acquired taste" in anime/manga just means "it's terrible but you learn to shut your brain off to enjoy it". You shouldn't have to get dementia to enjoy media.

Dex-chan lover
This dungeon exploring business seems a bit more of an advantage than any cost, so it's suspicious.

She seems set as far as elemental defense is concerned.

Has he ever joined a party? I forget if he's been with any other than his own.

Yeah, more of a test than anything else. Wonder what party commands he has, considering we've only seen MC with his cheats.
Definitely a test.

MC fights extremely conservatively as a one-man army strat, so he probably performs above expectations but stays at floors where it’s easily safe for himself.

I am worried MC reveals issues with their magic and combat that show his multiple class issues, however.

A month for 6 pages but what’s worse is the Harem is getting emphasized and things outside the Harem are being unnecessarily dragged out

Dex-chan lover
well, i guess even without knowing his specific level/stats i imagine
at least one of them would have an eye (metaphorically) to gauge his abilities on how he survives/fights unless he holds back as much as possible (but even then other than the 'thief' class it's not as if he's done anything wrong)
It would raise eyebrows if he started openly using skills from multiple classes, but it would be harder to detect due to chant ommission. So as long as he doesn't use magic or power moves all good.

OTOH something I don't even think the author considered is the 5 or so classes worth of status effects he would add to the party. Just having in the party should boost the party by a considerable margin.
if it's not just some 'test' to impress the elf guy so he 'gives' him the next slave/elf girl or whatever who someone said was his wife's? younger sister/relative or so XD
Might be another personality test for what comes later, but that won't be for a few more volumes when her perents are executed for dereliction of duty, endangering their subjects and general incompetence.

Damn, this was so short. I started following this up earlier this year, binge read the entire manga (one of the first I've ever read) and it was so nice, but it been monthly is so painful, and then you wait a whole month for 7 pages... :/

Users who are viewing this thread