Isekai Meikyuu de Harem o - Vol. 10 Ch. 72 - Abstinence Attack (6)

Power Uploader
So, I like this for the "plot" but don't know the whole slave thing feels strange to me in the story. Normally don't care but the way the MC is acting rubs me the wrong way. I get Roxanne she has the whole top dog thing and being loyal and stuff and she is from that world so kk but our MC is not and don't know when a person says they would die for you I would be sure that is fine. You want to protect the person you love. This just feels bad like if he gets shanked in the street she would die. Like it feels off. Tbh doubt it but a great twist would be if he changed both their wills.

Eh, I don't know dying fighting in something you believe in is fine but a random chance of death not really. Thanks for the TL

Dex-chan lover
The way the author writes their dynamic is so interesting that I Thought it was a pitty that this was going to be a Harem, but the dynamic with Sherry actually got pretty interesting
Yeah and bonus that it’s actually a slow slice of life and not something else

Dex-chan lover
So, I like this for the "plot" but don't know the whole slave thing feels strange to me in the story. Normally don't care but the way the MC is acting rubs me the wrong way. I get Roxanne she has the whole top dog thing and being loyal and stuff and she is from that world so kk but our MC is not and don't know when a person says they would die for you I would be sure that is fine. You want to protect the person you love. This just feels bad like if he gets shanked in the street she would die. Like it feels off. Tbh doubt it but a great twist would be if he changed both their wills.

Eh, I don't know dying fighting in something you believe in is fine but a random chance of death not really. Thanks for the TL
Ur thinking about this like urself which is typically something u don’t wanna do in a scenario where ur trying to understand the person or character

Not going to go through every single point but the one that stands out the most “would be cool if he changed their wills” that’s because ur like Sherry but r imagining being in Roxanne’s shoes which makes no sense

Anyone like Roxanne would be utterly furious and or disappointed if he did that

“I want to honor her wishes”

Power Uploader
Ur thinking about this like urself which is typically something u don’t wanna do in a scenario where ur trying to understand the person or character

Not going to go through every single point but the one that stands out the most “would be cool if he changed their wills” that’s because ur like Sherry but r imagining being in Roxanne’s shoes which makes no sense

Anyone like Roxanne would be utterly furious and or disappointed if he did that

“I want to honor her wishes”
For sure! I can't say I am thinking like our MC but let's be honest it is strange how nearly every Isekai MC has no problem with having slaves. Now I would find it cool because it would be a twist. Something I would not expect from our MC. I am not really trying to put myself in Roxanne's shoes because I think she is really fine with dying. I think she would be furious and disappointed but it would give our MC an opinion on it that can clash.

We can also change it to if Roxanne dies our MC will die. That would be a great twist too. It would show that our MC sees their relationship that can never end now it feels one-sided to me. I think it would still upset her if he did but maybe make her not so willing to die but more to protect and both survive rather than only her dying.

The biggest problem for me is that they are not on the same footing. In the end it is great we see what Sherry wants and Roxanne wants but we also need to see what our MC wants. What is his vision of what happens if she dies for him because you can honor her wish for wanting to do that but same as Roxanne said if MC dies she can't live anymore but is this the same for our MC?

I am not really thinking that I am myself in this scenario but like most Isekai stories the MC does not really have a reason to have the same ideals as the people in this world. This story is a bit out of the mold because our MC is fine with sex but if we look at other Isekai they act like they never heard about it. I just want to see our MC have toughts about it too and not only how he can lvl and skill or something like that.

In the end it is only my feelings on it.

Dex-chan lover
I haven't read the novels, but my impression is that Roxanne is fixated on hierarchy, and it's more that she's the first slave and should be higher up in rank than Sherry. Sort of like a dog would be. Her absolute loyalty also hints of this I think.
Sherry on the other hand is logical to a fault, and like MC sort of struggles to understand how Roxanne thinks.
That too, as we saw previously, I think it was mentioned somewhere...
As for the hierarchy, I still think she might be jealous, or more like afraid to loose her position. Because she was afraid (IIRC) when MC said they were going to buy another slave.
Then MC felt a dreadful gaze from Roxanne when a first kissed Sherry instead of her (in a chapter where they have a 3p).

Dex-chan lover
For sure! I can't say I am thinking like our MC but let's be honest it is strange how nearly every Isekai MC has no problem with having slaves. Now I would find it cool because it would be a twist. Something I would not expect from our MC. I am not really trying to put myself in Roxanne's shoes because I think she is really fine with dying. I think she would be furious and disappointed but it would give our MC an opinion on it that can clash.

I am not really thinking that I am myself in this scenario but like most Isekai stories the MC does not really have a reason to have the same ideals as the people in this world. This story is a bit out of the mold because our MC is fine with sex but if we look at other Isekai they act like they never heard about it. I just want to see our MC have toughts about it too and not only how he can lvl and skill or something like that.

When in Rome, do as the Romans do, my friend.
Now, I always thought the way this MC was roped into buying Roxanne was superb display of salesman skill on the trader's part. That guy manipulated Michio on several levels, with high chances of profit while with practically zero chances of loss. And once he bought Roxanne, there was really no reason to hesitate to buy other slaves, which bring us to Sherry, and future slaves.

Also, keep in mind our MC murdered people in cold and calculated manner so he could buy himself a slave and there has been pokes here and there from the very beginning which should tells you this not so much a fairy tale as it looks most of the time.

My two cents.

Dex-chan lover

We can also change it to if Roxanne dies our MC will die. That would be a great twist too. It would show that our MC sees their relationship that can never end now it feels one-sided to me. I think it would still upset her if he did but maybe make her not so willing to die but more to protect and both survive rather than only her dying.

The biggest problem for me is that they are not on the same footing. In the end it is great we see what Sherry wants and Roxanne wants but we also need to see what our MC wants. What is his vision of what happens if she dies for him because you can honor her wish for wanting to do that but same as Roxanne said if MC dies she can't live anymore but is this the same for our MC?

In the end it is only my feelings on it.yeah

“Isn’t it weird how most MCs don’t have a problem with slaves”

Yes because typically there’s no reason for it but on a basis of this specific example, no, specially since it was explained why and goes with his character (which doesn’t aim to be “the good guy”, a more realistic approach on it)

“They could also change it to he dies if she dies”

That just makes no sense, she’s not happy to die, she’s willing to die

Him dying because she did her job but died would make her just as furious as the other solution

That would go COMPLETELY against her will, that would be treating her like a slave rather than another person

Her character thinks about it like any war general or valued members of a kings guard; positions of those similar value, to someone not like that it obviously will never make sense

But to give an analogy and a different perspective

If he died just because she died he would then leave behind 4 other girls to fend for themselves

It’s like if u had a wife and after 50 years she died and u couldn’t live without her so u commit urself

Would u want her to die simply because u couldn’t live without her?

If u had children would u want her to leave ur children to fend for themselves

Etc not the best analogy but it’s versatile for this situation and can be used for most points

“The biggest problem for me is they’re not on the same footing”

I didn’t really understand this point, it’s evident they wouldn’t be on the same footing (like u said in the next paragraph); I’m assuming I just misunderstood this point

Regarding ur last paragraph, yes I’d agree; we like it for those reasons so obviously we’d want more of that but it’s a manga adapted from a LN

Double-page supporter
lol I think people are giving too much thought about this manga, and that is fine and all, but I don't think it was meant for that

Users who are viewing this thread