Isekai Meikyuu de Harem o - Vol. 10 Ch. 72 - Abstinence Attack (6)

Dex-chan lover
let's be honest it is strange how nearly every Isekai MC has no problem with having slaves
yes, if the person has our world's sensibilities they should not be able to just... go and get a slave with no issues. unless it was to save them from a bad slave owner or something.
the only reason I would think it is supposedly fine to just arrive there and have slaves is for monter tamers, since, you know, monsters,

or if it is supposed to become romantic later, someone the person bought the slave but... essentially they made sure the only reason the other person is a slave is to not be able to become the slave of anyone else. if I remember right that's the method used in that reincarnated with a castle in the sky one... and that's kinda the only one I can remember right now.

Because, without that? Any relationship would come with this caveat: they are not equals. As much as the MC would trick themselves into it, the other side is still their property and would only go against their orders on the level whatever is keeping them a slave allows them to. There would always be the nagging doubt about if they really are interested in the person or if they are just acting as they are expected to.
I believe that, as annoying as he was about it, that dude from the manga where his house was burned down so he used his remaining money to buy a slave to travel was the only time I saw this being addressed in the manga itself for long.
Which... is extremelly ironic since it is NOT an isekai as far as I remember, dude was raised in that world with slavery and all.

Dex-chan lover
Roxanne >>>>> Sherry! I hope he gets more harem members, because while I like Roxanne, Sherry is just much much inferior to her appearance-wise and personality-wise.
This is pretty obvious to anyone who isn't a pedophile. Sherry is only there for one, maybe two things: to appeal to lolicons while insulting them at the same time (through the MC).

Notice how she's supposed to be a loving part of the harem meant to appeal to the reader, but has no hesitation whatsoever in discussing not only the death of her master, but the means by which she could murder him. One could say it's played for laughs there, but she wasn't being facetious. This is after she's repeatedly, across several chapters, displayed poorly veiled contempt for Michio.

This is while the author does whatever he can to ensure she has positive prominence in the story. For example, while Roxanne--though said to be extraordinarily beautiful--is only possessed of the kind of hair a weak-bodied invalid would have (notice that most of what's on her head is actually ear flesh), Sherry's hair--despite appearing to the contrary in her hairbindings--is far longer and FAR more voluminous. Another example is how Roxanne was shown to possess an educated demeanor at the time of her introduction, but got reduced to something near musclebrain status once Sherry showed up (no doubt to illustrate, through contrast, just how logical Sherry is).

But none of that matters to the people Sherry is meant to appeal to. The only thing that matters to them is "cunny".

Fed-Kun's army
I demand to have the ladies nipples freed from censorship. Give me nipples or give me death!

Dex-chan lover
I don't know, I like Sherry's no-nonsense personality more than Roxanne's unthinking loyalty one.

But again, Roxanne's is done to the point it became a cliché. Sherry's may be one too in a way, but much less common.
And it is at least less... simp'y, I guess. She is making actual contributions to the worldbuilding, even if just to show how people would not understand the MC's actions and thoughts and what they believe into instead without risking being chased out of town, misunderstood or anything.

Dex-chan lover
Pacing is slow, but I read this for the relaxed pace, so it's fine.

The chemistry between MC and Roxy feels much more like a romantic relationship than between MC and Sherry.

The girls being slaves feel much more like a plot device to appease to readers rather than for whatever in-universe reasons they claim. This leads to the MC's position to it tends to be very wishy-washy, and it holds true for most similar stories. Usually they have some resistance to it, and usually treat the girls almost like normal people, but there's some other nagging resistance in the other direction to making them free.

On the subject of boob size, sometimes I feel alone in that I don't have a preference. Which for some reason tends to lead to my favourite character being on the far end of the spectrum. Both ends, but usually not at once.

Dex-chan lover
Yo just dropping by, haven't actually read the rest of the series but is this chapter before or after where anime ended? I think it's before right?

Dex-chan lover
man i love booba but now i prefer sherry cuz shes too adorable

Nice! Unfortunately seeing as how the last uncensored chapter is from a literal year ago, its gonna be a long while till these get uncensored. If they do.

The way the author writes their dynamic is so interesting that I Thought it was a pitty that this was going to be a Harem, but the dynamic with Sherry actually got pretty interesting
a pity??? its in the freaking name, what ya expect??

Group Leader
a pity??? its in the freaking name, what ya expect??
What I mean is yeah I went for the story waiting for an ecchi harem isekai whatever, but a trash one like most.

However I was surprised with amazing world building AND a writing on romance that caught off guard. Except the initial forced interaction from Roxane, their development was nothing short from a young cute couple like just married.

Like I said, at some point I just wished it was not a harem because the romance was so surprisingly good , however once Sherry was introduced I didnt dislike how he was handling the harem aspect, but deep down I hoped he wrote a story about a love story with only Roxanne because on how good this author actually is in comparison to most of the others that are just bad doujin wanabe trash writers.

Users who are viewing this thread