Isekai Meikyuu no Saishinbu o Mezasou

Is Dia a guy or a girl? Is there something lost in translation when she claims to be a boy?

Decided to read the LN to see how things go, and… wow… the whole world and story is just a lot more shallow than I thought they would be.

started off nicely but mc is starting to get more and more generic.

@Talismaster and @TUSF , what goes on in the LN that makes this "unfair" or "shallow". This seems to have some appeal, don't get me wrong it's not great by any stretch of the means, but I'm hoping that my fears about the I was mind controlled therefore I'm not responsible for my actionsl story line isn't real.

In short, is this (manga or LN) worth it?

@The_Archivist What I meant was that I expected too much from this story. There seemed to be a lot mystery and intrigue at the start, but as things unraveled, I feel that everything is mush less interesting than it pretended to be.

Dex-chan lover
Who is this girl?

isekai-meikyuu-no-saishinbu-o-mezasou_5f21d3f7e8c7a.jpg

Tbh the light novel (the english translation one) has reaallly shit grammer
Liiiike reallly shit
I suggest not reading it .... but the manga is pretty good

So I read on NovelUpdates that from Vol. 3 onwards, it turns really dark and edgy. Is this true, if so, would someone not mind spoiling the general details of it so I can decide if it's really worth the read?

@SirTropical

It's sort of edgy, I guess. Actually, it's more like the author tries to be edgy but is afraid to go all the way. For example, every character ends up losing body parts permanently like their last name is Skywalker but then they just instantly get bionic replacements that, despite being stated to be inferior, never seem to affect their actions at all.

But the main problem in my opinion is that the writing just goes to shit. It seems to me that the author never really bothered planning the story out even when it came to the light novel and by Vol 3 the plot twists just reached a sort of critical point of ridiculousness that I lost all interest in the story. Also, every time a new haremette gets introduced the oldest one gets shelved, which probably says something about the author's ability to write interpersonal relations. Dia more or less disappears from the story after Vol 1.

@sannianqibu Wow. That... fucking blows. This is an interesting premise but to hear that the manga will (presumably) follow the route of the novel, only to have it go completely dogshit is awful :( Thanks for taking the time to tell me, cause I would've continued reading this, only to end up dissapointed.

@SirTropical

Yeah honestly I have no idea how this novel got published. So many parts of it feel like they were written the night before the deadline while totally hammered. It's got everything you'd expect to see in a rough draft. Potential plot points are foreshadowed but then never mentioned again. Events feel forced and come out of nowhere instead of organically leading into one another.

I'm flabbergasted that the author managed to push out 14 volumes without being axed.

@sannianqibu Which is even sadder considering some series get axed way before that even when it seems to be on such a good roll. There was this specific example I remember where this young teen takes care of this older female mangaka and its just a soft and lighthearted romantic comedy on the interactions with the admittedly naive, but jubilent younger high school teen who gets his personality abused by the more lazy archetypes and his evolving relationship with the mangaka. Both from a romantic and platonic standpoint.

@SirTropical

That's not really a good comparison.

Light novels have much laxer requirements for continued publishing than manga. They don't have to compete for slots in a magazine, for one. They're just published like, well, normal novels. If the author can pump out books at a steady pace and their sales aren't total garbage they can generally keep publishing forever because of how cheap light novels are.

Basically I'm shocked that the sales aren't total garbage. I guess maybe there's a bit of sunk cost fallacy in people wanting to see how the story ends.

Here's an article on how shitty light novel writing can be
https://japantoday.com/category/features/lifestyle/editor-claims-many-of-japan’s-light-novel-authors-can’t-write-aren’t-the-ones-creating-their-books

@sannianqibu I've just finished reading that. I can see what you mean! I apologise for the lackluster comparison. I would've thought that LN's and Manga's are put on roughly the same sort of criteria in order to be published. I wasn't aware that it's 'relatively' easy to publish your own LN without having to go through multiple hoops.

Double-page supporter
This manga is pretty good and characters are enjoyable to watch for me

Users who are viewing this thread