Isekai Ojisan - Vol. 12 Ch. 58

Double-page supporter
Is Takafumi the only manga character that is actively aware of isekai as a genre? A lot of "self-aware" isekai usually feature characters that are aware of fantasy as a genre, but none that I know of are actually aware of modern isekai tropes like revenge, evil churches and stuff.

Dex-chan lover
This is pausing the movie to get some food and going off tangent while the screen is still open
Even worse, they didn't pause the movie, so Takafumi (and we) can see that more plot is happening but it's being drowned out by 7th gen consoles.

Double-page supporter
man… those feet shots are somethin else… 😩👌

(rero rero rero rero)

Dex-chan lover
i seriously fkn hate reading this english nobility or english samurai style or whatever its called, its like im reading some tongue twister shit.
So, generally, i’d agree. But after having experienced the absolute monstrosity that was the octopath traveler middle-school-level shakespearian? This is downright charming.

(i will never go back to that game. I was in that village for 15 minutes and just could not take it. I was so excited to play with the summoner/druid class, too :angery:)

Double-page supporter
PS2 when it came out was 0 years old. Wii U is now almost as old as ps2 was when it came out... meaning wii U is 0 years old? :wooow:
Dude, stop smoking crack. PS2 was 12 years old when Wii U came out.

Dex-chan lover
Didn't think I'd see an "ojisan reincarnated in a loli's body" in this series too.
I don't like that trope too much (outside of comedy), I've always considered it weird, and that's with knowing most anime/manga tropes. That's partly why I couldn't get into Tanya the Evil.

On the other hand, it's technically "ojisan x ojisan" that it's on-brand for Isekai Ojisan. 🤣
Seeing how Magatsu always habitually use that twin braid hairstyle whenever possessing a body, I wanna bet that Magatsu is a female soul at least

Dex-chan lover
Seeing how Magatsu always habitually use that twin braid hairstyle whenever possessing a body, I wanna bet that Magatsu is a female soul at least
I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case because the loli shots are more sus if he's really an ojisan 🤣

Double-page supporter
Yeah I thought so too. Also he could've chosen any body this time and still decided for a girl.

Double-page supporter
We were talking about how old PS2 were when it [PS2] came out though.
No. We were talking about Wii U that's now as old as PS2 was when it (Wii U) came out. If you have any problems with that, take it up with an English language.

Dex-chan lover
No. We were talking about Wii U that's now as old as PS2 was when it (Wii U) came out. If you have any problems with that, take it up with an English language.
Dangling modifiers(?) like that one are my favorite type of grammatical error to go along with, so I had to go along with it when I saw it there :smug:

Ps: english is not alone about having this
pps: unsure about english term for the error, thinking of "syftningsfel" (when "it" is used to refer to the subject prior to the prior subject) and chatgpt suggested "dangling modifier" to be the translation, but it seems a bit off. Some further searching suggests it should be translated to "ambiguous pronoun reference" or "faulty pronoun"? Both seems correct and honestly like they are about the same error, so unsure which term is right

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread