Isekai Ojisan - Vol. 4 Ch. 19

Fed-Kun's army
@Kizuro
The fat ps2's had an adjustable laser which over time would lose focus, you could re adjust the laser and fix the problems most of the time.

Me

Dex-chan lover
@Sep10trion
Sega Engineer: "But it worked for the SegaCD!"

In seriousness, it SHOULD have worked fine. The amount of power needed to maintain data in SRAM is very low. Like, less than the battery's self-discharge rate levels of low.
The real-time clock is the largest power draw. A good RTC should deliver wristwatch-like battery life, but the Saturn RTC is ... not good about power draw, to put it mildly, and it straight-up MURDERS that coin cell. I'm curious what went wrong.

@EOTFOFYL It wasn't ghetto, it was kind of the standard way to preserve data if you didn't have access to magnetic media, or didn't want to take the performance hit. The technique predates affordable flash memories. (I've got a "SSD" from the mid-80s that uses battery-backed SRAMs, and the technique wasn't new then.) It is why game cartridges could get away with a non-replaceable battery.
That one PCI card needed such a large battery because DIMMs use DRAM, which requires significantly more power to maintain data than SRAM.

Dex-chan lover
Thank god he didn't erase their memories completely this time. Those three are actually pretty fun, and Alicia is adorable.

Supporter
what's going on on page...30?
when he says "but how about you?"

Power Uploader
@xell17 @rkkn
It was a mistake I made after going over it many times at 5am without sleep. Re-updated the chapter just now along with some small aesthetic changes to some other things. It should be fine now. I might change it again (later) after hearing Ohana's input though. (After he wakes up.)
Edit: And I updated it again just now for nuance's sake.

Aggregator gang
Just a little reminder
“He don’t have a comrades” in that world, which again proves those theory to be right, he just wiped out clean his feeling and memory to save his sanity.... just make me even curious what happened in the end that forced him to take those drastic measures.

Fed-Kun's army
It's amusing how despite being a side character in the grander scheme of things, we can easily see and know so much about Alicia in this one chapter when it took the other girls so much time.

Even more amusing is that Alicia is quite evidently not in Uncle's harem - she respects him a lot - being a magician herself, she clearly regonizes Uncle's capabilities and memory magic - but that's all it is, respect.

I get the feeling that this we'll see her again, but it'll have to wait until we get more elf-chan and winter-girl chapters.

Dex-chan lover
The only thing that can deal damage to uncle...his sega won't read discs anymore

Dex-chan lover
It does suck when your favourite games die because it isn't the same emulating them to pc. Except those rasberry pi emulators with rip off controllers feel decent. It was sad to see my my completed pokemon blue game with the every pokemon and my play time in hours matched up perfect to the maxed pokedex forget if it was just 150 or 151. I played the fuck out of that game I beat it about 10 to 15 times before i beat it perfectly and left it at that. I used to take the trashiest pokemon i could to beat the last bosses. Never played a pokemon game as much a s blue though I did like yellow and loved the silver/gold version. I played lots of silver and beat that too capping every pokemon. Though capping entei and the others like it were a pain

Group Leader
@Kazedoom Obviously, because someone dear to him has died a painful death.
Nah, jk. Hope not.
2bs2Laz.gif

Users who are viewing this thread