Isekai Ojisan - Vol. 4 Ch. 22.1

Dex-chan lover
It was fun while it lasted

Starting to hope that official pubs take over all the manga if fansubs will be this petty.

Holy shit this comment section is toxic as fuck, they have the right to be mad over getting sniped, you the readers however do not, you didn't spend any energy for this manga so what position are you in to critisize the people working hard to give it to us for free? Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

Thanks for the translation. It was fun while it lasted, hope you guys continue doing your best for other series. Thanks for all the work you guys put in to the series

Fed-Kun's army
Is sniping different than someone else also doing a Scanlation? What constitutes sniping exactly because different people seem to have different conceptions of it

Dex-chan lover
"There are scenarios where a snipping is justified but from what I could gather, it looks like the sniper asked in the main TL's discord to translate the series but probably got rejected so he did it anyways. At least he asked for it but even so, still a dickish move and the main TL's have all the rights in the world to be mad at a sniper."
-Eonlars

@Doritos420 generally, sniping is when someone translates a chapter when an already established group is translating the manga. Since both groups are thus translating the same chapter, it ends up wasting hard work. If Eonlars is right and the person offered to pitch in or warned them ahead of time, it’s somewhat less rude than just dumping a chapter on the site, but it’s still a sign of disrespect and probably very frustrating.

Larger series can support multiple groups, but with a small niche manga someone stealing your pageviews and invalidating your work can make the already thankless task of translating feel like it's not worth the effort.

With that in mind, the original translators aren’t taking this with any grace at all. This is definitely a “I’m taking my ball and going home” moment.

Fed-Kun's army
@tarnishedsteel

I guess my thought would be that anyone can translate anything they want at any time. I agree that it’s very rude to do that in this case, but their beef is with the sniper. They’re acting like the sniper is an extension of the audience rather than just some asshole who did this

I don't get it, if the original TL's have a bunch done, why aren't they posting it? It's their fault they got sniped if they are just doling the content out slowly.

Aggregator gang
@Doritos420
They’re acting like the sniper is an extension of the audience rather than just some asshole who did this

Yes, they are. It doesn't even make sense. What worse is the people defending the scanlator for dropping the series. The scanlator is "punishing" the readers for something they have no control over, and had nothing to do with (I didn't do anything to make someone "snipe" the series). I can't think of analogous situation because it is so ridiculous.

Then there are the people defending the TL for making this post and attacking everyone else. If the TL wanted to drop the scanlation because they got sniped that be "whatever", but telling the people who are reading your work to basically "go fuck yourself" doesn't make any sense. People lauding the TL for telling and unrelated group to "fuck off" make even less sense.

Fed-Kun's army
@Its_Ya_Boi_Lava no bitch please LMAO, like people ask for their translation or something? Bratty, bitchy, annoying scanlation groups such as Striptease should go die. Including NTR and meme panels at the end of the chapters is funny? Haha HA. Also they change their name to Dead Elf Scans on this chapter as the last fuck-off goodbye, what a bitch move, seems like this group's mentality is equivalent to a child. Also, going full retard on a snipe like they own this manga or something was hilarious.

Fuck all the Striptease's releases and their bratty attitude. Good riddance.

Double-page supporter
It's their work so it's up to them to release or not. As a consumer who doesn't even pay I'll just stay quiet.

lol and I thought the huge amount of comments were due to the story, turns out it’s just drama .

Dex-chan lover
ah yes, more drama, a certified mangadex classic. I fucking swear dude, some people here seem like they're children, is it really that hard to separate an asshole that decided to do things on their own from the readers that enjoy the work you do? Is throwing a tantrum really necessary? I get it, you got sniped, it sucks, but honestly, what about it? Is it absolutely impossible to ignore it and just post your work anyways? Well, at the end of the day, that's their decision really, and most likely nothing said here will be able to change it. Thanks for the work you guys did on this series previously, hope nothing similar happens in the future at the very least, or something that started as a hub for enjoying and posting manga will become nothing more than a cesspool of drama

Group Leader
@Kamasu_tra They were releasing it on a schedule, and they were less upset about being sniped and more upset about the rude ungrateful readers. It's their work so it's up to them if they want to release it or not. I can't imagine why anyone would want to share their hard work just for people to be rude and complain about it. So this is on you guys, I hope you don't regret being so rude if no one actually picks this series up again.

@Cookie-kun There are plenty of other TL groups that don't have hissy fits or demand others stick to their arbitrary schedule, so I am sure we will be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread