Isekai Ojisan - Vol. 5 Ch. 27

Aggregator gang
The part where he is holding the dagger and is saved by the elf looks really cool idk why. Art is super good

c1

What drives a person to do this
Do they just want internet credit?

Fed-Kun's army
People complaining about translations when they are mostly fine... my only problem is page 32 first and second panels, everything else is good.

A person is willing to spend his time translating stuff for free and people complain. Anyone can scan, translate and upload a chapter here.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for translating! :)

(Dang, that was a sexy outfit at the end.)

@BOTMAN I don't know about you, but a 3rd graders grasp of grammar and google translate do not constitute "fine" to anyone with standards. Even worse than that, since the chapter has been translated already, whoever comes along next that has actually heard of quality control likely isn't going to bother retranslating this chapter, and we'll be stuck with this "quality" chapter until the sun dies. He hasn't done anyone any favors so excuse me for not thanking him for it.

Fed-Kun's army
@RandomManga

People with standards don't violate copyrights, this is a from fans to fans hobby and it's just sad to waste time complaining about.

@Maiorem

Same about your comment, green name, skills but not willing to help? What's your point here? As a reader of this aren't you the closest to the 'should' group? Let the people willing to help, help, and the readers with high standards can wait the official translations instead of whining here.

We are all just thieves enjoying others good will.

Dex-chan lover
page 33 :
- oji-san : the end of this story .
- girl : eh ? at the start of this video clip , you said this was a story about someone yelled at you : " DONT CASUALLY ERASE OTHER PEOPLE 'S MEMORIES " . where is that scene ?

( you can read page 29 of chapter 24 again : https://mangadex.org/chapter/1007932/29 )

idk if the scanlator of this chapter will be able to read this comment but im pretty sure the birds arent an actual magic sealer, its there breath...
the spirits hates the smell

This oji-san's luck is either too high or too low at times! He gets the girls but then he gets hated by everything else. Damn bro.

Dex-chan lover
English isn't my second language, so I couldn't read past "He hide 3 on his waist.".
Better luck next time.

Dex-chan lover
@c1 its like you've been receiving free manga from others and doing a translation is a way of learning some things and paying back the community. I tried doing it but i was getting frustrated. Though the chapter I tried did have several pages with small text which is hard to do

Dex-chan lover
Decent translation. "I left it as is" is generally a bad policy. Never rely on your reader being as familiar with Japanese as you are.

The goal of a translation is to convey the original meaning without taking the reader out of the story because they're reminded this is not the original language. If something looks clunky or unnatural in your translation, even if you think some connotation is lost, it's better to try then to leave it. Even names and other proper nouns, if you know what the equivalent in English is, use it instead of the Hepburn romanized katakana. Names of attacks and techniques are one of the only exceptions I'd make on occasion because phonetics, number of syllables, and word length can make a translation more awkward in those cases. Imagine someone is LARPing and needs to say a spell name out loud. "Kamehameha" is less awkward than "turtle destruction wave" and "kaio-ken" is less awkward than "realm king fist." "Long heavy perforation form" is awkward but "sniper form" or "piercing form" are short and natural sounding enough to work. "Shura tekkou" could have been "iron fist" I think, but if you knew this would be an attack that's shouted regularly I might agree leaving it that way would work better.

Users who are viewing this thread