Isekai Ojisan

Guys, don't use machine translation if you want to typeset. PLEASE, DON'T.

There is decent quality translation on /a/, use that. Machine shit won't be better, you will just produce wasted effort unless you really can do a good new japanese translation.
The chinese translator pretty much knew what he was doing, there aren't major problems and quality issue in his script, so unless you are experienced TL, just use his stuff for Goodness' sake.

Chapter 25: https://desuarchive.org/a/thread/207817046/#207825406
Chapter 26: https://desuarchive.org/a/thread/207817046/#207882621
Chapter 27: https://desuarchive.org/a/thread/207817046/#207886728

Supporter
I blame all parties involved for the current shitshow

snipers for being dicks, striptease for being whiny babies, and readers/commenters for being entitled jerks

@OnDeedolito
Yes, those are exactly what I'm going off. Good MTL takes way WAY too long, it's not at all worth bothering for the effort put in.
The only reason I started working on the chapters was because somebody (you?) posted a link to those archived threads; I had heard of them but couldn't find them prior to today.

@tea-sea
I don't have much understanding of where the Japanese raws are sourced from. I use whatever I can get access to. I will start over with the tankobon raws if I can get them, or do you know of a link to where I can load them?

Group Leader
PM'ed you.

Also, ch 28 is also done. The red bubbles should be easier to follow than chapter 27.1.
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1IY7OmDjWL8JRlweWgdnAcTwnrUPi7NdR

@Jojeke
Are you still going with your scanlation?
I didn't notice C25 had an MTL release, but even for an MTL that's pretty hard to read.

Dex-chan lover
@Afiaki Yeah, still keeping at it. 9 of 36 with today.
EDIT: OH JESUS TAPDANCING CHRIST! Just opened p.09 and boy... that's gonna be a lot of work.

@Jojeke
Nya–ha–haaaaa!

UVI3F5O.png

RIP you and me. Will we even make it to 27?

Group Leader
I'm confused, I understand from those comments that some ppl are working on decent translations for this serie yet the last chapter here on MD is 25 with a translation that seems worse than an actually copy past from google trad? 🤨

Dex-chan lover
push Striptease to drop the series then complain about recent chapters quality? What do your guys want now???
I think they did want to re-trans chap 1-3 too

@motheblackcat
Because a user posted an omake (ch 27.1) today (which was subsequently taken down by Mangadex because readers complained about the typesetting) a few of us who were sitting on the fence about scanlating the latest chapters decided to dive in and commit to it.

Those (two) of us who are working on higher quality chapters for ch 25 ~ 26+, are still working on them currently.

In that time another user decided to do an auto-MTL for ch 25 and that's what you see here.

You can expect better quality translations for chapter 25 & 26 & 27 within a few days.

Isekai Oji-san scanlation progress:

Ch 22.2:
(massive omake from Vol 4 which hasn't been done yet): two-thirds cleaned, but there is an absolutely massive amount of translation to do. There's so much text. It's like a light-novel. I'm not sure if I can even get a translation. If I have to do it myself I will 100% lose motivation before I'm even close.
<30%.

Ch 25:
Good quality (NOT auto-MTL), user Jojeke is doing this one

Ch 26:
Proofing/typesetting stage, this is what I was meant to be doing instead of staring into space and all the rest of this. Will finish it tomorrow probably. May not post it tomorrow though.
80%

Ch 27:
Only made a start, but cleaning is much easier than other chapters.
10%

Ch 27.1:
Cleaned one page, but chapter is much shorter and thanks to tea-sea there the translation is much more accessible.
10%.

And now, observe as my rate of progress will severely slump (sponsored the inability to not have late-nights).
BUT, if I do give up finishing these for any various reason in the near future, I'll link the cleaned pages that I have done for all these chapters.
Because I'm going to do that anyway.

​​

Group Leader
lol

Also, they're soft-censoring uncle's cringe face in later chapters. Give it to us straight! His true orc face reeee

No idea why people keep mentioning that Striptease was pushed to drop the series, as if a mob stormed their house with pitchforks.
Maybe people just have a short memory, but, as far as I could see it, striptease was sniped on a single chapter by one guy trying to start shit, and proceeded to have a massive fit and publically state in one of their chapters' credits that, because of it, they would not even publish the chapters they already had planned to do en masse. Which was in no way a way to try and irritate people :^)

But, sure. Poor, misunderstood lads :'(

Users who are viewing this thread