Isekai Omotenashi Gohan - Vol. 4 Ch. 18 - Great Elemental Tree and the Family Dining Table (First Part) ①

@venerablemonster But to be fair, she is only 16, and she has been sent to war. She's actually super stable if you take that in mind, and an occasional outburst is pretty healthy, especially in such a high stress situation.

Dex-chan lover
@Sem - that's pretty much the line I was thinking, once I'd gotten over my initial, "wow, what a selfish, immature brat!" Also, I'm wondering if there's something more serious in her duties that's going on, something she's afraid to talk to her older sister about, and this fit is the only way she can bleed off the stress.

It's still and unnecessarily s****y way of doing it, but maybe that's what it is.

Dex-chan lover
Darn, it's too well blended. Was that a supposed to be funny or depressing 😅

Fed-Kun's army
Heh... basically everyone here has the same reaction to Hiyori. Sure, maybe the author wanted them to fight so they had some character depth, but we don't see enough of Hiyori's insecurities to fully empathize with her outburst. We mostly just see Akane's struggles and side with her instead.

Aggregator gang
Heh... basically everyone here has the same reaction to Hiyori. Sure, maybe the author wanted them to fight so they had some character depth, but we don't see enough of Hiyori's insecurities to fully empathize with her outburst. We mostly just see Akane's struggles and side with her instead.

Except Akane wasn't blaming her sister either. Why should we?

Hiyori was having a fit because the *one* thing that keeps her grounded looked like it was going to get taken from her. It's implied that Akane has never snapped with her sister before. She'd always taken whatever venting Hiyori needed to do and smiled and taken care of her. Now, for possibly the first time, Hiyori is seeing the real stress that *Akane* feels and it scared her.

You know when your heroes start to crack, shit is about to get real.

Fed-Kun's army
F that hiyori shouldn’t be so selfish she wasn’t the only one ripped from her home. Girl needs a good slap

Hiyori is selfish and a brat here, but it's believable and the cure is not to slap her or something. As others have pointed out, Akane is like her mum and personal hero. Seeing her hero starting to fail when she's so dependent on her is tough, and even people who are normally strong can break down when their image of the infallible hero is shattered. And it's not like Hiyori is totally pampered either. She's the hero for tons of people, and all their hopes and expectations are weighing down on her. She needs to deal with this somehow, and she's young and unused to it, so she dealt with it by becoming even more dependent on her sister.

Dex-chan lover
Again, i really like the sisters. These characters feels so real
Instead of the usual Isekai protag - aww yee, gonna get all the girls and raise my levelz and skillz a-hyuck
This manga is such a nice change of pace from the usual isekai

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, it never occurred to me to call Hiyori a brat before reading the comments. They've already taken a lot from her, and they're asking a lot more of her, and her sister's food has been getting her through it, but now it's gone. It's normal for her to need to vent. It's also normal for Akane to snap right back, of course.

Dex-chan lover
Shit.....that went to increasing levels of depression and despair really fast

Double-page supporter
Although I like this manga and I really love the art style I just can't get over how unrealistic their relationship is. Everyone is different but I've never seen any siblings act like this let alone 2 close sisters. The reason why I say this (so please don't @ with negative comments) is because I have 3 younger sisters so hyori and akane are both too weirdly dependant on each other. I thought this too when hyori was talking about her dream and akane makes it seem like hyori is her only reason to live. Is there a deeper reason for this, like having no other family? They do have an uncle they get along with tho

Actually never mind. I just don't understand and don't know anymore

Whining brat with no sense of realism. You're in a different friggin world, and expect to live the japanese lifestyle forever? Honestly.

Dex-chan lover
@ValKnight They have no one to depend on but each other. Even if there is an uncle, he would just be someone who occasionally pass by to check on them since he may have his own family to take care of.

Dex-chan lover
She really does have no life besides being a sister huh? That's sad but that's also her fault.

Man honestly fuck Hiyori imagine living a life where you act all grown up and important but take advantedge off the people that care for you the most and only think about how your life is hard

everyone is complaining about Hiyori's behavior but I'm still dying over the food in the pot gaining a face and laughing 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread