Isekai Ryouridou - Vol. 5 Ch. 23 - With my Father and my Family

Dex-chan lover
None of this happens in the LN. Ai Fa does get hurt (albeit much later) but she treats the dislocated elbow (not shoulder) herself like a champ. Asuta merely helps her splint it, and certainly doesn't "save" her.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

ugh... i hate unneeded changes from the LN, just ... why? what happened in the LN was fine

zero need for the overdramatic carrying home. it doesnt even make sense at all that she would randomly be just off the main trail.

@catislong

just fyi, it might not be possible to actually give you a spoil to that, because the english translation (great job by skythewood) sadly stopped at volume 13 due to the series getting licensed. (this occured around 2 years ago now)

(and up to that point, their relationship still isnt physical)
when something gets licensed like this that had a lot of content out already, it sadly means that a long hiatus effectively takes place because the publisher starts releasing officially from the beginning. as of now they have released vol11, so hopefully we arent that far away.

edit: you might have known understood all that about licensing already, but i wanted to be better safe than sorry.

Dex-chan lover
@catislong
As she's clearly stated that she'd rather get gored to death than become a mother, that's unlikely. And as of vol 11, there's nothing pointing and romantic intention on Ai Fa's part. Vina Ruu even jokes that it's more likely Ai Fa will take a wife instead of a husband.

@Kyto1984, @catislong
This is just my conjecture, but I think Ai Fa's issue is not against motherhood itself, it's more like "I don't want to marry into another clan and abandon my own Fa clan". It's also possible she doesn't see herself as a good mother; she performs well activities that culture considers masculine (as giba hunting), but she sucks at feminine stuff like firekeeping.

Neither of those issues would apply to a hypothetical marriage between Ai and Asuta; he doesn't belong to a clan so they'd be still under the Fa clan, and he's fine performing all those "feminine" activities Ai doesn't.

On not showing any romantic intention: after rereading ch.12 I've noticed how bad Ai Fa is when it comes to express herself and her emotions. It's possible she isn't even aware she's becoming more and more romantically inclined towards Asuta, but that progression is clear when you reread the chapters so far.

Users who are viewing this thread