Pros:

Promising start
Interesting setting

Cons:

Plain and weak MC
Slow story progression

5/10 Average

Aggregator gang
So...have the scanlators fucked off on this one or is there a hangup because of the quarantine?

Raws are up to ch.21, so I'm guessing the SLs have fucked off. Pity. Ill take a whack at translating, but I've got the artistic akills of a retarded brick, so someone else would have to do typesetting and redrawing. Hit me up if anyone is interested.

N2O

Dex-chan lover
Possibly the most interesting take on cooking manga I've seen so far

Are there no groups translating this? Even if its not everyones cup of tea, its still a quality story. Sad to see it go 5 months without a update.

Double-page supporter
Basically MC who likes to be abused and lives for acknowledgment of some strangers. Other than not relatable MC (for me) this manga is quite good and in some sense unique.
We can see how MC makes constant remarks of how their culture is different. Cooking new ingredients is not successful instantly and he has to try different things(at least that was like that for first 10 chapters. Dropped it after that).
Art is quite good but emotional faces are rubbish (can't ignore it when emotional expressions are pointed out in every chapter)

Can't say much out of 10 chapters. But I guess it would be somewhat good (7) but personally between bad (4) and average (5) (MC to me looks like completely unrealistic and his actions looks like author obviously trying to force plot forward and isn't even trying to hide) .

Honestly i had hopes for this manga but it let me down over and over... It just turned into a repetitive and predictable cooking manga with no comedy/romance/drama angle to support it... Even the cooking aspect is really weak compared to stuff like toriko and SnS...

And honestly i doubt LN will make it any better for me too even if execution is 100 times better... Still hope this keeps getting translated and following chapters prove me wrong once again...

The manga is a bit bland and has a bit of a different focus from the light novel, so ill stick to the latter

Users who are viewing this thread